Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone ever taken a betting complaint to IBAS?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
For the third time, Bet365 have had me over. It’s never been for much but I’m finally pissed off with it. Has anyone ever gone to IBAS? Is it worth it or is it just a commission made up of people from the betting companies?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
For the third time, Bet365 have had me over. It’s never been for much but I’m finally pissed off with it. Has anyone ever gone to IBAS? Is it worth it or is it just a commission made up of people from the betting companies?

I have, and without going into detail, I was conned by Sky Sports on a shot on target bet which they said was a cross, although 9/10 people said shot, they took 12 weeks to back up Sky Sports, a total waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
What is the problem?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I have, and without going into detail, I was conned by Sky Sports on a shot on target bet which they said was a cross, although 9/10 people said shot, they took 12 weeks to back up Sky Sports, a total waste of time.

Thanks. I think mine is fairly clear cut though. 5th game in an accumulator, first 4 all won. Last one was a random game in Kenya, needed over 2.5 goals and it was 1 all on 86 minutes. Home side get a penalty and the away team walk off. 3 days after the game Bet365 are now claiming 1 all was the result. Last result should have been void but has been settled as lost.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thanks. I think mine is fairly clear cut though. 5th game in an accumulator, first 4 all won. Last one was a random game in Kenya, needed over 2.5 goals and it was 1 all on 86 minutes. Home side get a penalty and the away team walk off. 3 days after the game Bet365 are now claiming 1 all was the result. Last result should have been void but has been settled as lost.

Wouldn’t the away team forfeit the game thus a home win?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
What is the problem?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

See above reply! It’s not difficult to find out the last game was abandoned, really not sure where they’re getting their information from. It makes you wonder how accurate they are when you’re betting on games you can’t see!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unfortunately the law is a bitch and as they have written in their terms and conditions. 4F04B912-EAD8-42BC-A7F8-A281B4CE3A6F.jpeg

I would suggest if you’re betting on Kenya friendlies then maybe there is a bit of an issue there as well mate, had a friend that used to bet on the Azerbaijan U18 league.

Just to clarify this rule is ridiculous but it’s written very clearly in their terms

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Unfortunately the law is a bitch and as they have written in their terms and conditions.View attachment 150092

I would suggest if you’re betting on Kenya friendlies then maybe there is a bit of an issue there as well mate, had a friend that used to bet on the Azerbaijan U18 league.

Just to clarify this rule is ridiculous but it’s written very clearly in their terms

This game wasn’t a friendly fortunately, it was in the Kenyan National League (which may suggest that if I’m betting on that then I have a different problem entirely!)

It’s not really even about the money although it’s a couple of hundred quid. More the way they’ve completely dismissed everything I’ve said. First they offered a £5 bet credit, I told them I didn’t want it but they sent it through anyway which pissed me off even more!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Can you share a link here to any news article about the game?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It states clearly in their terms and conditions if the full 90 is not played bets will be void, unless the game is a friendly. What reason have 365 given for not honouring this term out of interest?

E7223976-A686-4E78-ACDC-31B33F0E776D.jpeg

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
They’re claiming it was the final score, not sure why.

Don’t muck about with IBAS, if you’re adamant and can prove that the game was abandoned then they’re clearly in breach of their own rules and should be paying you for your earlier winning selections.

Just take them to the small claims court they’re very unlikely to show and contest and will be liable for your costs in bringing the claim which should be £35 - £50…

Will probably close your account either way but that doesn’t sound like a great loss…

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
I made a claim against Betfair many years ago and IBAS upheld it and made them pay out. I think they are properly neutral and if you can demonstrate Bet365 are factually in the wrong you should get paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here