Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] BBC Radio 1 – Hove Lagoon

Surprised there isn't a thread already, but Radio 1 have made Brighton the hub for their annual week of silliness timed around the end of school/start of summer holidays.

They had a show from Brighton yesterday, and from this morning Greg James has been based at Hove Lagoon.

They have hidden 20 jigsaw pieces around the country and have to find listeners to basically carry out a giant relay race to get all the pieces together in Brighton where they will be put together on a floating frame in Hove Lagoon.

Pieces have already been found at Lands End, John O'Groats etc and they had a clue that one will appear on TV, so speculating that it might be at The Amex tonight for the Euros.

The premise is that Greg James has lost the Breakfast show and has to complete the jigsaw to win it back.

Regardless of your views on the BBC/Radio 1 it's another reason for Brighton to be mentioned heavily this week, with the Euros Quarter Final at the Amex tonight and Fat Boy Slim taking over the beach tomorrow and Friday nights. All putting Brighton on the media map for this week.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Surprised there isn't a thread already, but Radio 1 have made Brighton the hub for their annual week of silliness timed around the end of school/start of summer holidays.

They had a show from Brighton yesterday, and from this morning Greg James has been based at Hove Lagoon.

They have hidden 20 jigsaw pieces around the country and have to find listeners to basically carry out a giant relay race to get all the pieces together in Brighton where they will be put together on a floating frame in Hove Lagoon.

Pieces have already been found at Lands End, John O'Groats etc and they had a clue that one will appear on TV, so speculating that it might be at The Amex tonight for the Euros.

The premise is that Greg James has lost the Breakfast show and has to complete the jigsaw to win it back.

Regardless of your views on the BBC/Radio 1 it's another reason for Brighton to be mentioned heavily this week, with the Euros Quarter Final at the Amex tonight and Fat Boy Slim taking over the beach tomorrow and Friday nights. All putting Brighton on the media map for this week.
You'll find that 99.9% of NSC are that old, they've never heard of Greg James, let alone wireless one :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t listen to radio 1 so I’m declaring the whole thing rubbish and want it shut down immediately.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bring back Gary Davies on the Radio 1 Roadshow, then I'll be interested....

I like the idea you had to have a good long think about which former Radio 1 DJ to go with there...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If they have made Brighton their hub, why are they in Hove?

Just shows how standards have slipped.

Anyway the last time I attended a Radio One roadshow it was in Steyne Gardens Worthing, around 1977

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bring back Gary Davies on the Radio 1 Roadshow, then I'll be interested....

Remember that time he did it from the Goldstone?

gary.PNG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is the Hairy Cornflake these days ?

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene

I don't know who Greg James is - a modern day Stuart Hall?

If I come across one of these jigsaw pieces do I win a prize?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What time will they be doing The Moral Maze? I’ll get along there for that.

Huh? What do you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here