Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Another HUGE lottery payout.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The massive £195,000,000 Euro Lottery has been won in the UK. How come we seem to win the big one more than any other country? Just buy more tickets I guess.
Me. 4 tickets of which one number, one solitary number, matched. Surely the odds say out of 28 numbers more than one must match, but no.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To me it's an obscene amount for a solitary prize. How on earth do you, or could you, spend that amount of money?

You (or I, if I were to win) could do an awful lot of good, and still have enough money for you and your family and friends to live comfortably for life.

That's what I would do.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Jackpot should be capped at 50m (more than anyone could need surely?) with the rest spread downward to the next tier of winners
I might have a chance of winning some then!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sadly I wasn't allowed to enter the Eskimo lottery.

Apparently you've got to be Inuit to win it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
or more positively, charity contribution. taxes are enforced, lottery is voluntary.
The reason it is referred to as a tax on the poor is that the poor buy tickets more than anyone else - partly because they see no other path for upward mobility.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
To me it's an obscene amount for a solitary prize. How on earth do you, or could you, spend that amount of money?

Dunno, but I'd certainly like to have the opportunity to try.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The massive £195,000,000 Euro Lottery has been won in the UK. How come we seem to win the big one more than any other country? Just buy more tickets I guess.
Me. 4 tickets of which one number, one solitary number, matched. Surely the odds say out of 28 numbers more than one must match, but no.

Is that actually the case, or do we just hear about the big wins here because they are, er, here? (I'm not trying to be argumentative, just don't know the answer and can't be bothered to look into it!)

As for how I would spend it, I would give the majority of it away. But then, as I very rarely do it, it's very unlikely to be me winning it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You (or I, if I were to win) could do an awful lot of good, and still have enough money for you and your family and friends to live comfortably for life.

That's what I would do.

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That's what I would do.

How much of the £195m would you set aside in the @PL Charitable Foundation?

Not joking, from my perspective, at least £185m would be a starting point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here