Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Argus website down

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:shrug:

There are so many adverts on there that it borders on unreadable even when it is working.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How the **** am i supposed to win a house worth £250'000 now, ffs?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I want to know what Sam Fox looks like these days. I'm told I won't believe it. HOW WILL I KNOW NOW??????????

Never mind, I'll sign up for a funeral plan in my local area that everyone is doi.......... DOHHHHHHH

OK - time to invest in Bitcoin that Martin Lewis says is gre.......AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

Oh wait - I can just look at the bottom of NSC. No drama.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
How will I find out what happened on Old Shoreham Road at the junction with Sackville Road yesterday?!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Oh No, how will I find out about how 'THIS Brighton man became a millionaire with one simple trick' which inexplicably is Martin Lewis and if I click the link it downloads Malware

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This is highly inconvenient. Now I'm going to have to find an alternative way of rendering my computer completely unusable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No loss. Can't read it without signing up anyway.

Yes you can - just use 'Private Viewing' mode and when you hit the 20 article limit just close and restart the 'Private Viewing' browser.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

All browsers have a private viewing mode - Chrome for example it's called 'Incognito Tab' - just open a new window in the private mode. Usually available via the three dot menu top right of your browser.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All browsers have a private viewing mode - Chrome for example it's called 'Incognito Tab' - just open a new window in the private mode. Usually available via the three dot menu top right of your browser.
Thank you for a practical and helpful answer. I'll try it if and when the Argus comes back on line. I know the adverts and links are annoying, but it's also been quite annoying in recent weeks not being able to read the articles I want to read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here