Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone had any joy emailing Paul Barber?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. He sorted out a large credit in the store, after a shop assistant point blank refused.

The only time I’ve bothered him, other than angry emails about wtf don’t we leave a pacey player up at the centre circle when defending corners.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only time I’ve bothered him, other than angry emails about wtf don’t we leave a pacey player up at the centre circle when defending corners.

I thought those sort of questions were only asked at the Fans Forum by Alan from Wivelsfield

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I sent him an email a few months ago. Nothing criticising or contentious, just sharing a thought on something he'd said. Didn't expect a reply because he's obviously busy and I'm just a random person getting in touch with nothing of consequence, and I loosely acknowledged that in my note in not so many words. But got a great, friendly, personable and brief (despite his reputation!) response the same day directly responding to my thoughts and thanking me for taking the time to get in touch. I don't imagine many in his position are so accessible or responsive, just made me love the ethos of the club even more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’ll reply - in quite a long winded way - but nothing will change. The club are never wrong.

paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

While the other 19 CEO's don't even bother to reply.

You might not like what he says, (the club isn't being run to only suit your remit) - but you have to respect the level of engagement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I sent him an email a few months ago. Nothing criticising or contentious, just sharing a thought on something he'd said. Didn't expect a reply because he's obviously busy and I'm just a random person getting in touch with nothing of consequence, and I loosely acknowledged that in my note in not so many words. But got a great, friendly, personable and brief (despite his reputation!) response the same day directly responding to my thoughts and thanking me for taking the time to get in touch. I don't imagine many in his position are so accessible or responsive, just made me love the ethos of the club even more.

I once did exactly the same on an idle Sunday morning.
Got a reply back at lunchtime.

To which I responded, just eat your lunch and have a day off!! :lol:

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Yes. Replied to my email on the day I sent it. Set up a meeting with Kerry Gover for me to sort out a problem that had arisen in moving my seat and PSL in the WSL based on advice given by staff which turned out to be wrong. He and Kerry sorted it all out helpfully, quickly and with no fuss. It's always considered fair sport to have a go at 'them' but, really, I don't think we could do any better than Mr B.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Quite a few times, on 1901 club issues, having a drummer etc, he always responds in a very prompt and club focussed way, but I am sure he is a top
Man and the best CEO around even if often disagree with him, he puts his point over well and would make a very good politician as he can spin a lot for the clubs benefit. Would I change him? No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But other than the prompt replies, putting us in touch with the relevant person, helping to explain club decisions, what has Paul Barber ever done for us?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've emailed him three times I think...

The first was ehhh forgettable (yet some kind of unforgetable) but he replied to all my bollocks quite quickly.

Last time was a few weeks ago when I had concerns regarding a potential signing and it only took an hour or so before I was re-directed to some bloke working with "Scouting and Intelligence".

Communicating with this club is incredibly easy compared to a lot of others.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Last time was a few weeks ago when I had concerns regarding a potential signing and it only took an hour or so before I was re-directed to some bloke working with "Scouting and Intelligence".

I'm sorry, what?

You, random bloke on the Internet, emailed our club CEO because you had concerns about a potential signing?

Jesus.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sorry, what?

You, random bloke on the Internet, emailed our club CEO because you had concerns about a potential signing?

Jesus.

:lolol:

To be fair, when he emailed him the time before it was to suggest the club build a sex basement under the stadium so at least this one was notionally about football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sorry, what?

Jesus.

Yes. Me, a random bloke on the Internet, discovered that the guy who brought Adingra to Europe initially claimed that the player was two years older, information that was hidden in an obscure Youtube video uploaded by the guy who brought him over, and I felt perhaps the club wanted to be aware of it before paying £8m. :shrug:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes. Me, a random bloke on the Internet, discovered that the guy who brought Adingra to Europe initially claimed that the player was two years older, information that was hidden in an obscure Youtube video uploaded by the guy who brought him over, and I felt perhaps the club wanted to be aware of it before paying £8m. :shrug:
It gets better.

All of this based on something you saw in an obscure YouTube video?

Jesus.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It gets better.

All of this based on something you saw in a YouTube video?

Jesus.

Yes :shrug:

Didier Sorou is the chairman or something similar of Adingras former club, ABI-Sport du Bénin, and judging from Instagram still with close ties to the player, and he uploaded a video back in 2015 claiming that the player was 15 years old, which would make him 22 today rather than 20. I find that quite remarkable.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Yes :shrug:

Didier Sorou is the chairman or something similar of Adingras former club, ABI-Sport du Bénin, and judging from Instagram still with close ties to the player, and he uploaded a video back in 2015 claiming that the player was 15 years old, which would make him 22 today rather than 20. I find that quite remarkable.

Agree. It can't do any harm, and could have saved the club a lot of bother in the long run.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've emailed him maybe 3 times in the last decade. Always replied within half an hour. One was so quick, I daringly joked it was a cut and paste reply. I can confidently state he doesn't do cut and paste replies:lolol:
He provides background to decisions made by the club, points in the right direction if you should perhaps have made more effort to find the right person rather than the CEO:facepalm:
I don't think he has found my suggestions particularly helpful though, so maybe think twice before bothering him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here