Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would Matches Be Postponed Or Abandoned?

el punal

Bearing in mind that experts have stated how dangerous it is to be outdoors in this weather my question is how would the football authorities deal with this? Are there current guidelines that state when/if a game should be called off for the health and welfare of players and fans?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cooling breaks once in each half would be necessary according to FIFA regulations, but postponing games due to extreme weather is up to each organiser (meaning that for Brighton, it would be in the hands of the PL).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bearing in mind that experts have stated how dangerous it is to be outdoors in this weather my question is how would the football authorities deal with this? Are there current guidelines that state when/if a game should be called off for the health and welfare of players and fans?

..AND mascots.

DI7en2RUwAEji3P.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

If only there were an international football tournament taking place in the UK right now so we might find out

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did see Billingshurst vs Lancing friendly due to be tomorrow has been moved to Wednesday to avoid the worst of the heat.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I think the official guidance is ....... bollocks to the welfare of the players and fans, if there's financial or strategic advantage from getting a game moved then do it, if not then don't"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here