Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Official Match Day Thread - The Debate, 7PM

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Later today, ITV will hold another live television debate with the five remaining Conservative leadership candidates aiming to be the next prime minister. That is at 7pm, and will be one of the last chances for candidates to impress before MPs resume voting in the contest in Westminster on Monday."

Enough time to go buy some popcorn, beer and sit down and watch the meltdown unfold on live TV!

See you there

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I much enjoyed John Craces’ withering assessment following Friday’s debate:

“Time bends and stalls when you’re in the parallel universe of a Liz Truss speech. She leaves audiences begging for a lethal injection.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They're dragging this out now.

Just vote and get another one booted.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just don't see the point of televising these debates. I mean what is the point when only approximately 175,000 people have a vote on the next leader?

Looking at the BBC figures, I guess average voter in this will be a financially well off, 65+ white male remainer, living in London or the South East.

From BBC...

Bale's most recent research, from January 2020, suggests:

63% of Conservative Party members are male, and 37% female
6% are under 24-years-old, 36% are aged 25 to 49-years-old, 19% are aged between 50 and 64-years-old, and 39% are over 65
24% backed Remain in the EU referendum, and 76% backed Leave
56% live in London and the south-east of England, 18% in the Midlands and Wales, 20% in the north of England and 6% in Scotland
80% belong to the highest social economic groups known as ABC1

D

Deleted member 2719

"Later today, ITV will hold another live television debate with the five remaining Conservative leadership candidates aiming to be the next prime minister. That is at 7pm, and will be one of the last chances for candidates to impress before MPs resume voting in the contest in Westminster on Monday."

Enough time to go buy some popcorn, beer and sit down and watch the meltdown unfold on live TV!

See you there

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

You have an addiction my son.

Kick the anger into the grass or perhaps just keep adding to your original thread instead rather than starting another new one.

I am hear to talk if you want to pm me.

D

Deleted member 2719

I much enjoyed John Craces’ withering assessment following Friday’s debate:

“Time bends and stalls when you’re in the parallel universe of a Liz Truss speech. She leaves audiences begging for a lethal injection.”

A yet she is still has twice the personality of snoring boring Smarmer.:O

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
They are all self serving hypocrites who I wouldn't trust in a month of Sundays. Politics has to be at its lowest ebb in my lifetime.

They are just not in touch with real people and I for one don't want to see another Eton educated multi millionaire who has had a silver spoon upbringing running the country.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'll be tuning in to see TT make the rest of them appear like the lying chancers that they actually are.

I love how some folk base their judgement on 'personality', over content - hilarious if it wasn't so utterly feeble-minded. :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why can't the Tory members just watch this online, rather than inflicting this tedium upon the nation? We have no say in the matter, indeed most of the candidates are arguing binning off policies that the electorate endorsed in the 2019 GE.

This shite is why many people have disengaged with politics.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which Thatcher look will Liz pick tonight? I think she’ll go blue. Either one of these:

4f1bf21d464bf7befba12f0917055119.jpg

b96c15e21710c0f3e809b9f34e23728e.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cut tax, Cut tax, Cut tax, Cut tax, Cut tax,

Well bugger me backwards :shootself

How long until Jeremy Corbyn gets blamed ?

Twice from the continuity candidate - bullseye

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The stench of a Government utterly out of ideas at a dangerous time for a Government to be out of ideas

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have an addiction my son.

Kick the anger into the grass or perhaps just keep adding to your original thread instead rather than starting another new one.

I am hear to talk if you want to pm me.

:lolol:

To be fair to the OP, this threads isn't really for you :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A yet she is still has twice the personality of snoring boring Smarmer.:O

So does Frankie Boyle. So does Johnson!

It isn't always a good thing :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The stench of a Government utterly out of ideas at a dangerous time for a Government to be out of ideas

Would be lovely for some of the candidates to explain how we improve Education, the NHS and transport while cutting taxes ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here