Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matchday rail transport

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
As I stood at Tidemills on Monday and Friday I couldn't help but marvel at the six-coach trains carrying the Euro22 supporters between Seaford and Falmer for attendances of 28.800 and 12,700. I compared that to miserable memories from last season of evenings in the depth of winter queuing on the ramps for ages to get on the three-coachers to Seaford because someone couldn't be bothered to put on longer trains.

Do you think it's because they were all rail-ticket-paying supporters for the Euros rather than disenfranchised cattle who have no influence over Southern because its the club who pays the rail company for the service for Premier games? Or did they (BHAFC and/or Southern) just put on a special effort for the Euros? If the reason is either of those (or something else), the FAB need to be right on top of this next season.

boik

As I stood at Tidemills on Monday and Friday I couldn't help but marvel at the six-coach trains carrying the Euro22 supporters between Seaford and Falmer for attendances of 28.800 and 12,700. I compared that to miserable memories from last season of evenings in the depth of winter queuing on the ramps for ages to get on the three-coachers to Seaford because someone couldn't be bothered to put on longer trains.

Do you think it's because they were all rail-ticket-paying supporters for the Euros rather than disenfranchised cattle who have no influence over Southern because its the club who pays the rail company for the service for Premier games? Or did they (BHAFC and/or Southern) just put on a special effort for the Euros? If the reason is either of those (or something else), the FAB need to be right on top of this next season.

Precious few trains for us ticket buying fans on Monday. Didn't get home to Hassocks until 00:30.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well the Amex would have seen many fans from all over Europe for those games, so will be anxious for them to experience British rail travel at it's best.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Yes too many 4 coach trains from and to Eastbourne, weekend games where 8 coaches used to be the norm, Southern couldn't even use the excuse that they needed to be in position for commuters in morning, club and FAB need to get on top of this..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here