Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There goes the neighbourhood......

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The Union Flag usually flown outside Goring Conservative Club has been replaced by a Palace flag. Is this sickening spectacle a wind-up aimed at decent Sussex folk? I thought for a minute I'd gone to bed in Sussex-by-the-Sea and woken up in the smouldering ruins of Croydon. Unless this situation is rectified in short order, mine's another vote they won't be getting next time around..........

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Union Flag usually flown outside Goring Conservative Club has been replaced by a Palace flag. Is this sickening spectacle a wind-up aimed at decent Sussex folk? I thought for a minute I'd gone to bed in Sussex-by-the-Sea and woken up in the smouldering ruins of Croydon. Unless this situation is rectified in short order, mine's another vote they won't be getting next time around..........

Tells you all you need to know about the Conservatives. If Boris hasn't lost the votes then this surely will.

Needs to be on the meltdown thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Contact them, tell them you are a true blue Tory who loves the Union flag and demands its return immediately.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I saw that the other day.

An entirely unconnected question, does anyone know the best accelerant for burning flagpoles?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unsurprising given the area around there is similar to Croydon

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Contact them, tell them you are a true blue Tory who loves the Union flag and demands its return immediately.

Just tell them you’re a stupid/selfish* ****; much quicker.

* delete applicable term based on wealth.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Outside the Conservative club, you say?

A failing organisation which is haemorrhaging support and sees ever more grandiose infrastructure projects fail to come to fruition, Crystal Palace now have a flag flying there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Relax.

It has been done for public decency.

The Union flag was being publicly shagged by members after a few pints. So they replaced it with a Palace one. Even the most patriotically amorous wouldn't touch that.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ignoring the rivalry, that's an embarrassment for the party if done by a member there. The prat probably thought he was being a bit of a legend but that's not the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here