Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Official Match Day Thread - The TV Debate, 7.30

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
At 19:30 BST all five remaining candidates will take part in the first leadership debate, broadcast on Channel 4. But what is the format?

They will be answering questions from an "audience of floating voters" which have been chosen and vetted by polling firm Survation, Channel 4 has confirmed.

Each candidate will be first to answer a question at least once, with around seven to nine minutes scheduled for each segment.

The host will be the broadcaster's lead presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy, who will follow up and clarify the candidates' answers as needed.

Once the questions have wrapped up, they will be given around 45 seconds for a closing statement - with the order allotted randomly ahead of the broadcast."

Time to grab the popcorn...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Brilliant! This will really help me to decide how best to cast my vote!

Oh…. :moo:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perfectly timed for when we’re getting ready for the football. [emoji849]

Not that I was interested anyway [emoji1787]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
She didn't mention opening up new pork markets in Beijing. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well that’s TT done

An honest man calling out a liar

This is the Tory party remember

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lad said it looks like a game show. missus turned over when Truss started speaking.

due to lack of other options we've gone back. Truss is trying to channel both Thatcther and Blair which is an interesting trick.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
lad said it looks like a game show. missus turned over when Truss started speaking.

due to lack of other options we've gone back. Truss is trying to channel both Thatcther and Blair which is an interesting trick.

She does look like she’s popped down to Madame Tussaud’s and asked if she could borrow Margaret Thatchers outfit from circa 1987. Plus she seems to be trying to borrow her voice and delivery too

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cut the green levies, yeah like the warm home discount. That will help the poor.

TT mentions insulation, finally …

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pisses me off that this is even on telly. We don't get to vote do we?

Let then have their squabble and just tell us which moron they've decided is going to run the country FFS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pisses me off that this is even on telly. We don't get to vote do we?

Let then have their squabble and just tell us which moron they've decided is going to run the country FFS
This "electorate" are 50% pensioners and 80% relatively wealthy by class.

As you say, let them get on with selecting their moron of choice.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It amused me, right at the end, when Sunak said "The one thing all of us agree on is to reduce tax", yet spent most of the programme deriding the others for advocating the same.

It was all a load of shite, mostly, but the only one who came out (for me) with any credibilty was TT, who at least admitted that he didn't think Johnson was an honest man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here