Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Mexico City -Things to do and see.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I will be spending 7 to 10 days in Mexico City and was hoping for some advice on the best things to see and do while I am there. Teoihuacan and Xochimilco are currently top of my list. Also, any suggestions as to where to watch any Albion games being shown live would be much appreciated..

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere - I have searched for, but not found, any previous threads.

Thank you.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't know if there's a cenote (sinkhole) near Mexico City but they are pretty amazing. Went to one when we were in Cancun a few years ago.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Many thanks for the suggestions.

:bounce: in the hope that someone might have a suggestion as to where Albion games might be shown live.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Many thanks for the suggestions.

:bounce: in the hope that someone might have a suggestion as to where Albion games might be shown live.

Depends when you're there. If we're playing a big team like Leeds or Nottingham Forest it will be on everywhere. Remember a 3pm ko will be around 9am and evening noon. BST to be noted.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Our younger daughter is married to a Mexican, and we've stayed in Mexico City a couple of times in the past 5 years. Things I'd suggest are:

- Chapultepec Park and the Castle (very impressive)
- The Anthropological Museum (enough to keep you busy for a couple of days at least!)
- The Zocolo (huge square - very impressive)
- The flower market (Mercado Jamaica - fascinating)
- The pyramids at Teotihuacan (Amazing! You get a coach from the big bus station in the north of the city)
- Frida Kahlo museum and Diego Rivera's house

In terms of just wondering around, people-watching and having a great coffee/meal, our favourite areas are Coyoacan (very relaxed feel) and Condesa (pretty "westernised", but full of lovely tree-lined streets). Roma is also very pleasant.

You probably know already that Mexico City can be dodgy in places, so keep your wits about you, try not to look too much like a lost tourist, and be especially careful after dark. If you're staying in a hotel they should be able to advise you where not to go. Probably best to avoid the underground - we have travelled everywhere via Uber, which is generally more impressive in terms of response time than in London, and very cheap. Be particularly careful with any transport you get from the Airport (use the official taxis).

Didn't find anywhere to watch BHA - I used my phone and a VPN!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here