Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fixture

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Is it set in stone that it’s 3pm on sat 17th? I kept seeing talk that surely it would be moved but tickets are on sale?
Looking to get away in September after the game as there’s the international weekend but not going to book anything til I know for sure

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
I'm the same, Easyjet cancelled my flight from Sunday to the Monday, I've got a chance to go from Stanstead with Ryanair on the Sunday, but need to know if Palace is still on the Saturday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought someone posted the KO is still under review due to no Uni parking

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there's an expectation it will be moved because so many of our matches against each other have been since we got to the premier league.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
As I mentioned on the other thread, based on guesswork alone, I think this may now be Sat at 3pm as tickets are already on sale (I think) based on this kick off time. Would be useful to know for sure.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The TV schedule has been advertised for that weekend which suggests it will be a Sat 3pm KO. Not sure we’ve had a home fixture at that time since promotion to the Championship.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't be surprised if they kept the date, but bumped it to 12.30. Less aggro for plod.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can’t imagine for one moment it’ll be a 3pm KO. More likely moved to around midday, or quite possibly to a different day on police advice.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s moving in day for Sussex Uni students that day so can’t see the Uni wanting the Palace match then. My bet is the Friday evening or Saturday noon.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
It would be so helpful if the club would confirm on their website when game times are firm. Always, of course , with a disclaimer that weather, or unforeseen, events could result in an unexpected change.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would be so helpful if the club would confirm on their website when game times are firm. Always, of course , with a disclaimer that weather, or unforeseen, events could result in an unexpected change.

Can you imagine the fall out (on here) if they did, and then it changed

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Nice to see other NSCers realising that an international weekend means no Albion games and a chance to book a holiday. BUT!!! 18th is my 40th wedding aniversary so they'd better not move the game to then.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Can you imagine the fall out (on here) if they did, and then it changed

Hence the disclaimer. There should quite rightly be fall out if they incorrectly said the date was firm if it wasn't. But not if something completely unpredictable, such as weather or illness, were to cause the date to change.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Right ..so tickets are on sale according to the club website ..they would have known about the lack of car parking before on sale…so I can’t see how this match will be moved ..tv games having already been announced

SAC

May 21, 2014
There is no reason not to play it at 3PM on a Saturday. It just needs to be policed properly and people need to stop being dickheads at Brighton station.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There is no reason not to play it at 3PM on a Saturday. It just needs to be policed properly and people need to stop being dickheads at Brighton station.

I really can't believe this game is any worse than other rivalries in the Premier League, that regularly take place at 3pm on a Saturday, sometimes even 5:30pm. It's pretty pathetic from the police if they can't handle it, it's a provincial derby between two small Premier League clubs for goodness sake.

Jimmy Grimble

There is no reason not to play it at 3PM on a Saturday.

There is if you have to go to a wedding that day[emoji24]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here