NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
In windows mail I have started to receive emails
with just lines of numbers and words. eg

zZ88LeiQCqyzd2Vgc7J6qqvLLKxB4zhERPRzwmgPCMAxMx7rCdCNzDQH3w4w
XgIHHU.JjWFaAWP7O.Ca9ao8RDKg0OrMgqDjuI9Q_df3nkht08zO5aqINYX6
pttnDcTL56eZvBQLb.fV0RUSdBfgkcNvyj54JL2zrtgEzOZy9kBlv7MBX5QF
O5Hgn1c1H8TH8wTI1_AyBcFHLNXgMNocah6ZVjKjMIAebZuK08SNg.DeBop.
yLYkEyCTeM3MjLwnQaJ9Ri2OsYVjFhIrxGHVjvR71UQMe25trsKeDxUIlSGC
uItVrmKe0vbSOP.uuNfO2RIQgFHNsVCrD.gCSm.vw4gkM2IcKU64nrKME_C7
mGqZqCxL4mfeYkbtT68g0siNEGWp98ZeXJ3hT02vAfrvTT3bfVthNudI24l4
hZURHiRGUerMripx94.Wt_j0q50aYfph.ROtm91HRiJqs.epYnzcE0180CtH

I have searched online for an answer but cannot see a solution.. Can anyone help an old guy sort it? Many thanks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Possibly encrypted with PGP ?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
Thanks Springal. I have looked up PGP. If what I am receiving is encrypted why has it just started and it is only happening with emails from organisations such as Paypal or Vax Cleaning Products? No personal mails are encrypted. I cannot recall altering any settings in my windows mail.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You may have turned on a read as plain text option to fix try this from the Windows Mail app.

Click on File then Options then Trust Center then Trust Center Settings on the left select Email Security.
Under Read as Plain Text group ensure to the option Read all standard mail in plain text is unchecked.

Exactly how to fix it may depend on what version of Windows OS and what version of the live mail app you are using.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
You may have turned on a read as plain text option to fix try this from the Windows Mail app.

Click on File then Options then Trust Center then Trust Center Settings on the left select Email Security.
Under Read as Plain Text group ensure to the option Read all standard mail in plain text is unchecked.

Exactly how to fix it may depend on what version of Windows OS and what version of the live mail app you are using.

Thanks . I am using Widows Mail on my PC so it does not have the File option but through the settings button I can get to Email Security but this says "this setting cannot be applied to any of your email accounts" Thanks anyway.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Thanks . I am using Widows Mail on my PC so it does not have the File option but through the settings button I can get to Email Security but this says "this setting cannot be applied to any of your email accounts" Thanks anyway.

Couple of other things it could be. How long ago did you add this account to the Mail app? It could have become corrupted. On the left where it lists accounts does it display your email address correctly?

Have you tried logging into your email via a web browser and not using the app? If not try that, if email displays properly it points to an issue with the Live Mail app, if it still displays incorrectly in the web browser then its an account issue.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I believe it says you're being contacted by a solicitor representing a long lost relative who has $150m waiting for you once you give them $10,000 collateral...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
Couple of other things it could be. How long ago did you add this account to the Mail app? It could have become corrupted. On the left where it lists accounts does it display your email address correctly?

Have you tried logging into your email via a web browser and not using the app? If not try that, if email displays properly it points to an issue with the Live Mail app, if it still displays incorrectly in the web browser then its an account issue.

Think you are right. Logging into mail account via web browser AOK. Looks as if the Windows Live mail is corrupted. It has been on PC for many years since Windows 10 came out. Will have a go at new install. Thanks for help.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Think you are right. Logging into mail account via web browser AOK. Looks as if the Windows Live mail is corrupted. It has been on PC for many years since Windows 10 came out. Will have a go at new install. Thanks for help.

It’s just likely to be your local mail profile that is corrupted. You need to remove that and then setup the mail app again from scratch as though it’s the first time you’ve logged in. You shouldn’t need to reinstall the app or windows itself.

I’ll find some step by step instructions.

Edit - try resetting the app following the instructions on this page. You’ll have to log in again and it will then re-sync your mail.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-the-windows-10-mail-app/

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
BG could have solved that on his own :)

You have failed to mention that he would've nearly taken off the OS first, then be here on his grandkids laptop asking how to get his working but then asking how to upgrade the memory on his grandkids laptop at the same time. :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I have searched online for an answer but cannot see a solution.. Can anyone help an old guy sort it? Many thanks.

It's the lyrics for Kaoru Mitoma matchday song.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
It’s just likely to be your local mail profile that is corrupted. You need to remove that and then setup the mail app again from scratch as though it’s the first time you’ve logged in. You shouldn’t need to reinstall the app or windows itself.

I’ll find some step by step instructions.

Edit - try resetting the app following the instructions on this page. You’ll have to log in again and it will then re-sync your mail.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-the-windows-10-mail-app/

Thanks. Will give it a go.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You have failed to mention that he would've nearly taken off the OS first, then be here on his grandkids laptop asking how to get his working but then asking how to upgrade the memory on his grandkids laptop at the same time. :)

BG is probably works in Heavens' IT Department with all the knowledge he gained from NSC Contributors

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Have you tried viewing your emails on your Omsung Iphine?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here