Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom Interview

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If someone can precis it at some point, for all of those of us whose attention spans have been destroyed by the internet age that’d be great. Just a one line summation would be good. Tks in advance.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If someone can precis it at some point, for all of those of us whose attention spans have been destroyed by the internet age that’d be great. Just a one line summation would be good. Tks in advance.

He’s quite happy, he’s not hanging his hat on any specific target, though a cup final would be nice, and he feels we have a strong squad of players to compete for the season ahead.

On Cucu, he’d just say he’s a favourite among the management, in the dressing room and with the fans, and at present there have been no bids for him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ees complicated.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
He’s going large on a striker sick of Maups missing sitters.

full

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Every time I see, hear or read an interview with Tony, I'm struck by how incredibly lucky we are to have him at the helm. As fans, we may not agree with every single decision made by the club, but goodness me TB has got so many things absolutely spot on over the years.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nothing new really but no words on "we aim for top 10" and more about just generally being... good. Think that is clever because people tend to be hung up on those kinds of specifics despite there being a fair bit of randomness to it - Brighton could get more points next season and still end up below top 10 or (less likely) vice versa.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Main takeaway from me he is happy with the squad (strongest we have ever had) so if no more business done he would not be bothered.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

TB - Albion fan born and bred, Business Genius

Very lucky to have him :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nothing new really but no words on "we aim for top 10" and more about just generally being... good. Think that is clever because people tend to be hung up on those kinds of specifics despite there being a fair bit of randomness to it - Brighton could get more points next season and still end up below top 10 or (less likely) vice versa.

Yup, and that is probably a good take... personally I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton are done with first team signings for the summer. The squad is pretty fat at the moment and in order to find improvement in any position it would (likely) take a fair bit of money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, just seen it, not a lot in there. All positive, which is hardly surprising given the finish last season. Strongest squad ever, he claims. My wager is it'll get stronger, as pretty sure we'll get at least one incoming. But, then again, losing Cucurella will weaken it far more than the loss of Bissouma -- and that's even if we do get Tagliafico as a direct replacement.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A couple of interesting bits, particularly after saying he is happy with the squad, no plans for recruitment etc. he then goes on to see he’ll be chatting with Graham Potter later that day to discuss the squad, potential recruitment etc.

I take this to mean now Graham has assessed the new guys and the young guys, Graham says “him, him and him” on loan please, I won’t be using them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here