Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] So what was this hanging unplugged on underside of my car?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
20220712_192951.jpg

I know squat all about cars so hoping the wise ones of NSC can advise and there is a simple answer.

Got home tonight to this little wire and two pin connector hanging down by the rear offside wheel arch of my recently acquired Fiesta. By a minor miracle as totally impractical, I managed to locate where I think it should have been plugged into. It's just about to get dark so I can go out and test all the lights if I assume it is related to the lights?

Can anyone please confirm what it is that I've managed to reconnect if we assume it's not the CIA tracking me? :)

Is it light related or something else and should I be concerned that it's managed to work itself loose so easily? I ask the latter since it's a nearly new car brought from a main dealer and it would be fair to say there have been some minor issues with the pre handover checks. The only modification to the car was the dealer fitting rear parking sensors.

Many thanks for any help.

And before anyone asks I will of course try try turning it on and off again! :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Charging point. It is a Tesla, right?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In your Fiesta? It takes a charge from the wheels going round to power the casette player.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It sends a charge down to the road to power the cats eyes. Every car has one.

I remember to this day, my sheer wonderment as a youngster, when my dad convinced me had a special switch in his car that turned the lights in the middle of the road on and off. I mean he absolutely must have done as he could turn them on and off at will :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Feck me! Page 2 and not one helpful answer and only the Juggernaut film reference was vaguely amusingly:angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feck me! Page 2 and not one helpful answer and only the Juggernaut film reference was vaguely amusingly:angry:

Set your post per page to 40 and you'll get an extra 27 posts of twaddle before you're on page 2.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Flux capacitor

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Purely because of the location it could be part of the brake pad wear sensor set up?
Is there a warning light showing on the dashboard?

I've just seen that you plugged it back in so any light that had come up would've gone out.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Purely because of the location it could be part of the brake pad wear sensor set up?
Is there a warning light showing on the dashboard?

I've just seen that you plugged it back in so any light that had come up would've gone out.

Oi. None of that helpful milarky until page 5 of useless, sarky and vaguely funny posts.

We've got a 'Rep' to maintain don'tcha know.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I remember to this day, my sheer wonderment as a youngster, when my dad convinced me had a special switch in his car that turned the lights in the middle of the road on and off. I mean he absolutely must have done as he could turn them on and off at will :lolol:

Be honest you were 20

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no ones asked what the car is. clear what this is about, "look at my new motor" vibes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here