Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I'd like a drum at the Amex

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That was a fantastic atmosphere tonight, I wasn't expecting it at all, but it was loud and lively and I usually say i hate drums but it didn't half help build the atmosphere to a crescendo. Probably only a couple of brighton games have beaten that atmosphere in my memory.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would like those wooden rattles and kids standing on orange boxes too, but those ideas can f*** off in the modern corporate customer experience world, where the only topless thing that is politically correct is f***in' bottles!.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s easy to have a good atmosphere when a team is winning and scoring lots of goals. The crowd responds to the team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Drum, clackers, Mexican waves, mobile phone lights; surprisingly enjoyable (I can't believe I just wrote that).

Sorry I have to disagree, I went and it worked when 50% of the audience were children.
Mobile lights, NO, NO, NO, NO,
Clackers, NO, NO ,NO, NO
Mexican wave, it’s old hat, NO, NO, NO, NO
Drum….. I like the sort of Native American war drum thing before a free kick, that was coooool

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An enterprising manufacturer who made a flask that looked like a drum (maybe with a genuine stretched skin that could be beaten) with a top cunningly disguised as one of the tuning pegs could make a fortune. Bring 'em on!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like an Opal Fruit at the AMEX...

...but my mortgage provider won't let me take out extra borrowing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The last thing we need is Simon LeBon sailing his frickin yacht into the Amex. Not sure how that will improve the atmosphere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last thing we need is Simon LeBon sailing his frickin yacht into the Amex. Not sure how that will improve the atmosphere.

One for the kidz

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why? What is wrong an atmosphere?

The best crowds have a big atmosphere that lifts the team when they playing badly.

I don’t know from your username whether you have the opportunity to go regularly, but I would argue there is always an atmosphere but it ranges from extremely loud to underwhelming at best.

It doesn’t always come across on TV, but then I would argue last night didn’t sound too loud either, just a lot of squealing. That said, I’m not denying that it wasn’t a great atmosphere and must have been a different but fantastic experience.

In terms of the best crowds lifting their team, I agree, but interested to know who you think they are, because in my experience with the exception of Leeds, crowds often aren’t dissimilar to ours.

No drum, clackers or anything else for me. We don’t at away games and our fans are excellent

franks brother

what a great atmosphere at the amex last night 20220712_070427.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Drums often kill any kind of organic atmosphere. There's something quite awful about a match where the crowd has a drum but where there's no atmosphere. At Huddersfield for example, I watched a number of matches the last few years and almost all you could hear is incessant drumming and very little atmosphere, few people elect to join in. It is such a relief when the opposing team scores and it lets up for a while. As someone said, unless you are Leeds or someone like Liepzig, there is little a drum can do to er, drum up an atmosphere. That is dependent upon how the team is playing on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here