Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hysteria about hot weather on UK news programmes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it just me or is this all fecking laughable?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or is this all fecking laughable?

Not just you, Icy.

Anyone remember 76? Now that was hot. And dry. A young Beefy Botham dazzling in his whites. Plagues of ladybirds. And the old bat I worked with had, only months before, been bleating 'we're going into another Ice Age'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not just you, Icy.

Anyone remember 76? Now that was hot. And dry. A young Beefy Botham dazzling in his whites. Plagues of ladybirds. And the old bat I worked with had, only months before, been bleating 'we're going into another Ice Age'.

My wife was heavily pregnant that summer, of course I remember it. FABULOUS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not just you, Icy.

I wasn't really following Somerset's County Cricket campaign.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My wife was heavily pregnant that summer, of course I remember it. FABULOUS

And there was, of course, this:

masqueofmandragora1.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Test debut in 1977.

1976 was a significant season for Botham as he scored over 1,000 runs for the first time, completed his first century and earned international selection by England in two Limited Overs Internationals.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I love the likes of the BBC website with their advice for morons as to how to survive a bit of hotter than average temperatures.

Really is pathetic how much our media jump on anything from the weather to a social media spat between two dickhead wags with extreme hysteria

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1976 was a significant season for Botham as he scored over 1,000 runs for the first time, completed his first century and earned international selection by England in two Limited Overs Internationals.

None of which you remember!!!! :lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember going on a world cruise in 76 for less that you pay for a pint of craft ale nowadays

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not just you, Icy.

the OG climate change outcome, something about north atlantic currents disappearing and arctic seas engulfing us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here