Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Quick question re Brighton fan zone

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see the fan zone at Victoria Gardens is opening 12 to 18:00 hours

But most of the kick offs from next week are 17:00

I assume there are big screens up to watch the football but do they kick everyone out at 18:00 mid match?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kick off is at 8 tomorrow.

Yes I do know

I was thinking about today and specifically next Sunday as the mrs is involved down there at 15:00 next Sunday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The answer to this is no. There aren't big screens. But the atmosphere down there is really good

No big screens? Seems a bit odd to build a fanzone opposite the King & Queen- which they have done - with no big screens. If true, wouldn't most folks just opt to watch the game(s) in the King & Queen instead?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No big screens? Seems a bit odd to build a fanzone opposite the King & Queen- which they have done - with no big screens. If true, wouldn't most folks just opt to watch the game(s) in the King & Queen instead?

How can one watch a football match from within a public house?. Your statement, sir, makes no sense!

(Sorry, still in NSC 1922/23 mode!)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's the advice

Fair enough. A bit bonkers tho IMHO. What would you DO in a custom-built fanzone in the absence of a big screen? Watch the game on your phone? Suspect there's been a few crossed wires somewhere along the way. Makes no sense on the face of it :moo:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Fair enough. A bit bonkers tho IMHO. What would you DO in a custom-built fanzone in the absence of a big screen? Watch the game on your phone? Suspect there's been a few crossed wires somewhere along the way. Makes no sense on the face of it :moo:

I'd imagine it was decided against for some reason, because there are screens at the Manchester one. It doesn't seem weird when you're in there or anything - there's loads going on and always seems to be a performance on the stage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here