Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Dereck Chisora

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
38 years old, 13 professional defeats but still selling out the 02 against Pulev, after losing his last three fights.

Don’t know what is really says about British boxing?

Highlights it current popularity or bordering on farce?

Surely if defeat 14 arrives this evening he will hang up his gloves?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I think boxing in the big arenas has become more of an event rather than about the boxing at times. Most of the crowd filming it on phones, waiting for sweet Caroline and filming it on phones and watching Chisora give himself brain damage whilst filming on their phones. The place will be full of Coke heads and lads with shoes and no socks. Take a fight in at York hall and then you’ll see the difference.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think boxing in the big arenas has become more of an event rather than about the boxing at times. Most of the crowd filming it on phones, waiting for sweet Caroline and filming it on phones and watching Chisora give himself brain damage whilst filming on their phones. The place will be full of Coke heads and lads with shoes and no socks. Take a fight in at York hall and then you’ll see the difference.

I did go the York Hall last December to see Lowe vs Lopez and the bogs were like a Colombian Mardi Gras ��

Found this on You Tube

He’s still quite entertaining

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UMrHmI19Kjg&feature=share

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I did go the York Hall last December to see Lowe vs Lopez and the bogs were like a Colombian Mardi Gras ��

Found this on You Tube

He’s still quite entertaining

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UMrHmI19Kjg&feature=share

It’s an amazing place. Strange to think it’s normally just a local function venue then turns in to effectively the home of uk boxing. Yeah, can imagine the toilets were 3 men per cubicle !

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
38 years old, 13 professional defeats but still selling out the 02 against Pulev, after losing his last three fights.

I think its because he's a proper fighter, win or lose he will be always be up for a proper scrap, you wont get much boxing craft from Delboy, but you will always get a full bloodied, full of heart fighter who will go in swinging or go down swinging.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Like most big sporting events in n this country I’m afraid, except tennis, golf and athletics

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It says our heavyweight scene has some exciting fighters…… Cmon Ian I remember Danny Macalindon and Richard Dunn.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair he beats most fighters around him or below. Its just he's willing to fight all the top fighters who view him as a warm up for the next big fight. That's why his win loss record is not impressive.

He gave Klitcskco, Usyk, Whyte and Parker lots of problems in recent years, but like maybe a lot of boxers in the past he should be in retirement enjoying his pay days before it catches up with him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not a great fight although pretty even so pretty watchable .

Not much value about so I’d go for 9/2 Derek stoppage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here