Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The sun is out and it’s fridat….

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I couldn’t stand the heat at work so it’s back to my garden with a spliff and a two Pinter of Dark Star cask APA to get the weekend up and running…

Peace and love

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I couldn’t stand the heat at work so it’s back to my garden with a spliff and a two Pinter of Dark Star cask APA to get the weekend up and running…

Peace and love

I got four cases of Dark Star delivered yesterday two London Pride and one Cornish Orchards Blush.

Happy days

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I put a venerated German Riesling in the fridge this morning, Burklin-Wolf 2016 Gaisbohl, to celebrate this week's events. It'll be open within two or three hours. The heat means that the red that follows will be light-ish too.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I put a venerated German Riesling in the fridge this morning, Burklin-Wolf 2016 Gaisbohl, to celebrate this week's events. It'll be open within two or three hours. The heat means that the red that follows will be light-ish too.

Ooooh, I do love a riesling. Have you tried Grosset’s Polish Hill? Aussie (Clare Valley) and quite pricey, but it’s one of the best white wines I’ve ever had.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just did an Aperol Spritz for Mrs Q….. It is a lovely summers day drink.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going for a jug or three of the ol' Pimms to start with...then probably moving on to some serious G&T-ing...Happy Fridat you lovely N.S.C.ers

And a groggy Saturday morning? :lolol:

I noticed that I was bit grumpy one morning recently after some large G&T's the preceding evening. A pub landlord mate reckons that gin particularly can have that effect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A Cloudwater Foudre aged IPA with Citra & Mosiac hops. Only 5.4% but a 750ml bottle which has gone down perfectly in the garden while I finished work

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ooooh, I do love a riesling. Have you tried Grosset’s Polish Hill? Aussie (Clare Valley) and quite pricey, but it’s one of the best white wines I’ve ever had.

Admire your taste: Riesling and Chardonnay are comfortably the best white grapes. Riesling works much better in this weather though. Such comments indicated that I'm very opinionated on such things, and a bit of a wine freak/enthusiast/snob. One of the things I no longer drink much of is Australian wine, but Grosset makes some of their best Rieslings, Jim Barry is worth checking out too.
Much like Burgundy is the home of Chardonnay, Germany is the home of Riesling and, if you haven't done so, I'd urge you to get involved.

One thing that puts people off is reading the labels and the range of styles, levels of sweetness. On this, try two things:
-- check out the alcohol content, if it's very low, there will be more sweetness and you'll get off-dry to medium levels; more alcohol, and it'll tend to be drier
-- traditionally this could be read via the 'quality' level which is for the better wines that are ranked according to (ascending) levels of sweetness: Kabinett > Spatlese > Auslese > Trockenbeerenasulese. You can use this as a guide, but you'll find that only the first two are affordable and (more widely) available. Now, drier styles are more fashionable and, confusingly, you'll sometimes get the word Trocken added to indicate that the wine is fermented to dryness, eg Kabinett Trocken.

German Rieslings can be light and refreshing, yet intensely flavoured, and they're just perfect to drink in this weather, either without food (when an off-dry/medium-dry often works well, as these do with Asian food) or with, whether Asian, or the lighter foods we tend to gravitate towards at this time of year.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world

I noticed that I was bit grumpy one morning recently after some large G&T's the preceding evening. A pub landlord mate reckons that gin particularly can have that effect.

I am actually alright on Gin...any dark spirits and I do suffer...got a spin class followed by fitness pilates first thing...generally clears any trace of a hangover.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs Wz gone to Glasgow for weekend, Lamb steak marinating in a nice bit of Mint, Garlic and Balsamic and just about to open this

firdat.jpg

Early evening forecast of complete Bollox later on NSC (no change there) ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I've also heard that Gin can have that effect on grumpy old gits :wink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Off to menorca at 4am [emoji482][emoji3508]

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have a great time, some really nice restaurants on Menorca (but you do know it's for grown ups, it's no Ibiza :wink:)
My ibiza days are pretty much over, it's all about a villa and pool now [emoji484][emoji2249]

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here