Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Womens Team

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just seen a Brighton player has signed for Leicester. In last 2 weeks have also seen Brighton players signed for Liverpool and Man UTD. Are these players that we have not offered contracts to or are we losing some of our good players

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Players for the womens team are often on only 1 or 2 year contracts and all of the players you've seen recently we didn't given them a new contract. The squad is looking very thin at the moment!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Emma Koivisto > Liverpool
Ellie Brazil > Spurs
Aileen Whelan > Leicester

Who went to United?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have just seen a Brighton player has signed for Leicester. In last 2 weeks have also seen Brighton players signed for Liverpool and Man UTD. Are these players that we have not offered contracts to or are we losing some of our good players

Liverpool and Leicester Woman’s teams aren’t as good the Brighton woman’s team

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's just like the mens game in that the top 6 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City and now Liverpool) hold all the wedge and can therefore buy up the best players.

Those 6 will strip the best talent and potential away from other WSL clubs. I've no doubt that the womens team will end up going along the same lines as the mens; identify and develop young talent then flog them on for a profit.

(I presume that we released the player who went to Leicester as they certainly haven't gone there in the expectation of winning trophies!)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Liverpool and Leicester Woman’s teams aren’t as good the Brighton woman’s team

I think Liverpool's will be by the time the transfer window slams shut. They won the Championship undefeated and have huge wedge to invest (as Man Utd did a few years ago)

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Given Koivisto and Brazil weren't in the group of players announced as released back in May, can only assume they rejected new contracts from us to sign for Liverpool and Spurs respectively?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The Womens team did tweet last week that Koivisto and Brazil had come to the end of their contracts and were leaving, but don't know if they were offered new contracts. I'd like to think we did offer them new contracts as I think they are both good players, but if we did its not a good sign for what we're offering future transfers that they left for other clubs

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Does sound a concern if good players are turning down new contracts. Maybe a statement from the Manager is needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here