Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC meltdown [downtime] incoming...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've just managed to delete the Nsc cookies, having already deleted History. I'm now back in, in Chrome.

Ironically I've just done the same in Edge and it now works ! Strange it didn't affect my phone though.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - busy day yesterday.

Try clearing browser history/cache for NSC (or just do the whole thing if you prefer) as it's likely browsers have something old cached from during the migration which might be causing the issue.

I've also just paused Cloudflare for a bit to see if that helps. I'll need to re-enable it again as it keeps the pesky Russian and Chinese hackers out.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] just had a browser warning as I came in that NSC's security cert is invalid. Might want to look into that (possibly because you have Cloudflare off?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] just had a browser warning as I came in that NSC's security cert is invalid. Might want to look into that (possibly because you have Cloudflare off?)

It was temporary whilst I was fiddling with stuff.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Yes also here at Jakarta Towers, easily bypassed by electing to proceed to an 'unsafe site'.

Mind you as a long time NSC'er I have always regarded this Site as Unsfafe... :wink:

EDIT: appears to have gone away now...

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It's not.

I'm not entirely sure why turning Cloudflare off triggered that and I can't be arsed to investigate right now, so Cloudflare is on again!

Definitely not an expert on certs, but I believe Cloudflare will be presenting its own cert that'll be taking priority. When you switched it off, things will have fallen back on your base NSC setup - it's likely that cert (which normally isn't used because of Cloudflare) is either not configured correctly or out of date.

Edit: yup, the current valid cert that's being presented is via Cloudflare.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hope I'm not tempting fate, but I'd like to thank [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for what seems to be an incredibly well planned and implemented server migration :clap:

Dec 29, 2011
Hope I'm not tempting fate, but I'd like to thank [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for what seems to be an incredibly well planned and implemented server migration :clap:

One bug I've spotted is that it says you have posted TWENTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY TIMES which is surely an error.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Apologies if this has been flagged already, I did see something about security a little further up.

The main 'Big Board' page appears to be 'insecure' / not 'https' :

chrome-not-secure.JPG

But clicking into a thread it pops over to 'https' :

chrome-secure.JPG

This is on Chrome, cookies cleared etc etc.

Not actually affecting site interaction just something I thought worth mentioning.

Cheers Bozza

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies if this has been flagged already, I did see something about security a little further up.

The main 'Big Board' page appears to be 'insecure' / not 'https' :

View attachment 149748

But clicking into a thread it pops over to 'https' :

View attachment 149749

This is on Chrome, cookies cleared etc etc.

Not actually affecting site interaction just something I thought worth mentioning.

Cheers Bozza

Looks OK here...

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 10.57.36.png

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Sorry - busy day yesterday.

Try clearing browser history/cache for NSC (or just do the whole thing if you prefer) as it's likely browsers have something old cached from during the migration which might be causing the issue.

I've also just paused Cloudflare for a bit to see if that helps. I'll need to re-enable it again as it keeps the pesky Russian and Chinese hackers out.

I had new NSC working OK on my phone and have just deleted 7 days history on my Chrome ASUS and it seems that all is now right with the world (this sent from my Chrome Laptop)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've been getting an error all day when trying to select any of the threads:

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 15.53.11.png

This was on Safari. I did see a thread saying it wasn't working on Opera...which I've just gone on, and NSC is working fine! Still not on Safari though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here