Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC meltdown [downtime] incoming...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the latest update on the xenforo move? Just curious.

Still this...

2. Software move. I intend to migrate NSC from vBulletin to the slicker, more-modern, better-on-mobile Xenforo and I'm in discussions with the expert in the field of vBulletin -> Xenforo migrations.

This may happen later this month, although there may be a clash between the chap's availability and when I'm due to be on holiday, and I'd rather not spend much of my holiday working on this if I can help it. I'll advise on this when I have a firm date.

...as I'm still away. I get back to the UK on Thursday morning and will be contacting the migration man then to see how his workload is looking and when we can fit us in. I'll be happy to make the move ASAP, with the only caveat being that I want an early week, ie Monday/Tuesday timeslot in order to allow a few days for things to settle down and bed in before a match day.

If nothing else, I know a load of people will struggle to remember passwords and/or registration email addresses and may be unable to access their accounts without my manual assistance.

As above, I'l provide notice of when things will get going.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies for issues experienced.

I'm slightly at a loss as to why, as there has been no changes at all to the underlying software, it just moved servers. I was on holiday so didn't have the time to investigate and, also, with the bigger move to Xenforo on the horizon, I'd not want to invest a huge amount of time on issues with vBulletin.

I'm now speaking to the migration-man about that move, and will update in due course. All being well, I hope we get it done in the next few weeks. I'll update once the first test migration is complete...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That will be some time around December 2026 then

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here