Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC meltdown [downtime] incoming...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some notice of upcoming downtime, dates/times TBA...

1. Server migration. I'm migrating the site to a new, faster server. Whilst the migration takes place I will "turn off" NSC for updates. When the migration is complete, I've checked everything looks OK and updated DNS settings to point at the new server, the site will be re-enabled and everyone can get back on with the serious business of talking about the Tory party and the will he/won't he Cucurella move.

This may happen in the next day or so, very possibly today. I'm in the hands of the server hosts with this.

2. Software move. I intend to migrate NSC from vBulletin to the slicker, more-modern, better-on-mobile Xenforo and I'm in discussions with the expert in the field of vBulletin -> Xenforo migrations.

This may happen later this month, although there may be a clash between the chap's availability and when I'm due to be on holiday, and I'd rather not spend much of my holiday working on this if I can help it. I'll advise on this when I have a firm date.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

1. Server migration. I'm migrating the site to a new, faster server. Whilst the migration takes place I will "turn off" NSC for updates. When the migration is complete, I've checked everything looks OK and updated DNS settings to point at the new server, the site will be re-enabled and everyone can get back on with the serious business of talking about the Tory party and the will he/won't he Cucurella move.

This may happen in the next day or so, very possibly today. I'm in the hands of the server hosts with this.

2. Software move. I intend to migrate NSC from vBulletin to the slicker, more-modern, better-on-mobile Xenforo and I'm in discussions with the expert in the field of vBulletin -> Xenforo migrations.

This may happen later this month, although there may be a clash between the chap's availability and when I'm due to be on holiday, and I'd rather not spend much of my holiday working on this if I can help it. I'll advise on this when I have a firm date.

Hopefully none of it!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I would just like to place on the record that I have complete confidence in Bozza and will not be resigning if this all goes tits up :moo:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In current political tradition, I'm going to wait to see what everyone else is doing before declaring my position.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It's basically Brexit isn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we're all being sent to Rwanda, yes?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Have personal terms been agreed?

D

Deleted member 22389

Once your all setup Bozza, can you then please delete my account. I have left several private messages over the months asking for it be done, but no reply. Appreciate your busy.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Er, log out and never login again, job done...

Its like that other person (who shall remain nameless), loudly and constantly shouting about how their account needs to be deleted and Bozza pay back the millions he's earned from the advertising during his many (pointless and irritating) posts.threads.

If you dont want to be there, log out. Delete the website from favourites or whatever and go away and dont come back. Simples. :thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Its like that other person (who shall remain nameless), loudly and constantly shouting about how their account needs to be deleted and Bozza pay back the millions he's earned from the advertising during his many (pointless and irritating) posts.threads.

If you dont want to be there, log out. Delete the website from favourites or whatever and go away and dont come back. Simples. :thumbsup:

I must have a clue as to who you refer to!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here