Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Commonwealth Games

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Going to my first athletics event apart from my kids sports days.

My friend and I will be going Aug 6th for the evening session.

Anyone else attending?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
With 8 finals and several medal ceremonies in that session it should be a good nights entertainment! :D

Was due to go to the games for a week and see several sports, but have had to cancel and will unfortunately be watching it all on TV instead apart from getting to the cycling at London for one afternoon session :( Got my accommodation costs back and a few of the tickets have resold at least. Was hoping the rest of my tickets would resell, but just found out the official resale platform has closed.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am going. Plus the cycle race goes past the end of my mate’s drive about a mile before the end so I will be watching that too. Never been to athletics so looking forward to that (although not a medal event because we are a family of five and could only go for 4 tickets. Humph)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am going to the Rugby Sevens semis. Really looking forward to it.

Would have loved to have done more, but given I no longer live near Brum, it is a bit impractical.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am going to the Rugby Sevens semis. Really looking forward to it.

Would have loved to have done more, but given I no longer live near Brum, it is a bit impractical.

A shade dissapointing Barnsley didn't bid for the games.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Diving at the Metrodome, Rugby Sevens at Oakwell, a cycling road race around South and West Yorkshire... it really could have been an amazing event.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Diving at the Metrodome, Rugby Sevens at Oakwell, a cycling road race around South and West Yorkshire... it really could have been an amazing event.

Crown Green Bowls at Barnsley Conservative Club, Shove Ha'penny at the Dog and Duck & Swimming at Calypso Cove Waterpark.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crown Green Bowls at Barnsley Conservative Club, Shove Ha'penny at the Dog and Duck & Swimming at Calypso Cove Waterpark.

Whippet chasing
Flat cap throwing

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Going to my first athletics event apart from my kids sports days.

My friend and I will be going Aug 6th for the evening session.

Anyone else attending?
Yes I’m going up for a couple of days - athletics and lots of different stuff at NEC. Having enjoyed Glasgow in 2014 I’m looking forward to this too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here