Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mobile or print at home?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£2.50 to print at home??

and what does " Downloaded to Apple Wallet / Google Pay " mean for this option?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-05-22 at 09.11 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 07-05-22 at 09.11 AM.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 294

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£2.50 to print at home??

For all those that want to print at home, hopefully it doesn't mean you have to download the ticket to Apple Wallet or Google Pay then access the ticket on that app to then print, as it rather defeats the point of printing at home in that you are not happy using a smart phone or don't have one.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I was just thinking the same. Very bizarre wording to say about download to mobile wallet but with a charge seeing as all the other ticket does is ... download to your wallet

Not sure why a family of 4 would need to pay £10 extra just to print off their ticket though? Surely the cost isn't higher to the club? Feels like a way of just trying to push everyone toward the mobile tech

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was just thinking the same. Very bizarre wording to say about download to mobile wallet but with a charge seeing as all the other ticket does is ... download to your wallet

Not sure why a family of 4 would need to pay £10 extra just to print off their ticket though? Surely the cost isn't higher to the club? Feels like a way of just trying to push everyone toward the mobile tech

This may be a stupid question but if you buy 3 tickets, do you then have to pass the phone to each person to scan upon entry?

I usually buy a ticket for 1 or 2 grandchildren too.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
£2.50 to print at home??

I sincerely hope this is a mistake by the club because otherwise it is as bizarre and outrageous a charge as you are likely to see !
Print at home has always been a cheaper option because obviously the club saves money by not having to print the ticket themselves and then send it out so how a charge like this could be justified is beyond me . Also as others have pointed out the wording would suggest that in order to print at home you need precisely what you have not got , a bloody " smart phone " !!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
must be a mistake, makes no sence to force people to have an app to print. how would people even set that up, assumes wifi/nfc access to printer.. charging to print is shitty thing to impose so hope thats not something a club would really intend.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sort of follows on from the policy of restricting access to some of the video content to those who have the app on smartphones only. Despite the club supporter services assuring me that they weren't 'forcing people to use the app' but just moving with the times - the end result was that if you didn't, you were disadvantaged. Sounds the same here in a way.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

So in my case a friend bought 4 espanyol tickets together this morning one of which was for me , because he knows i do not have a mobile he decided to revert to buying 3 and then go back in and buy mine as a print at home and was duly charged an extra 2.50 . As a result of this thread i decided to have a live chat with the club to resolve the issue . On this it was revealed that the 2.50 charge was made up of a standard 1.50 admin charge and a further 1.00 to print at home but as apparently the 1.50 is already absorbed into the cost of the mobile tickets then rather than paying just the 1.00 extra i have to pay the full 2.50 more for a print at home !
As you have pointed out Titanic it was also revealed that if my friend had known and so long as we traveled together he could have avoided the charge by loading my ticket onto his phone . It also came to light that having selected the print at home option for my ticket he will receive an e mail that he can then forward to me so i can joyfully print my own ticket having paid 2.50 for the privilege of doing so . Bearing in mind that this is the first time this has cropped up and the fact it was introduced with no communication i was perhaps stupidly hoping for a goodwill gesture from the club in this instance but no such gesture was forthcoming :(
I still feel this is a complete rip-off by the club and totally biased against those who do not have nor want a mobile . I say this fully expecting a series of posts along the line of " get with the times grandpa " !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So in my case a friend bought 4 espanyol tickets together this morning one of which was for me , because he knows i do not have a mobile he decided to revert to buying 3 and then go back in and buy mine as a print at home and was duly charged an extra 2.50 . As a result of this thread i decided to have a live chat with the club to resolve the issue . On this it was revealed that the 2.50 charge was made up of a standard 1.50 admin charge and a further 1.00 to print at home but as apparently the 1.50 is already absorbed into the cost of the mobile tickets then rather than paying just the 1.00 extra i have to pay the full 2.50 more for a print at home !
As you have pointed out Titanic it was also revealed that if my friend had known and so long as we traveled together he could have avoided the charge by loading my ticket onto his phone . It also came to light that having selected the print at home option for my ticket he will receive an e mail that he can then forward to me so i can joyfully print my own ticket having paid 2.50 for the privilege of doing so . Bearing in mind that this is the first time this has cropped up and the fact it was introduced with no communication i was perhaps stupidly hoping for a goodwill gesture from the club in this instance but no such gesture was forthcoming :(
I still feel this is a complete rip-off by the club and totally biased against those who do not have nor want a mobile . I say this fully expecting a series of posts along the line of " get with the times grandpa " !

Rather odd. As an aside I have just dished out 7 tickets I purchased for an Oh Sees gig. I can download them into my iPhone wallet or just print the ticket. It’s my choice for each ticket; Email has the ticket and a button to download it. This is all free. Strange to charge for this.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My guess is the club are probably operating two systems in the backend to support print and home and the mobile ticketing. Like with the cashless stadium I imagine the club are looking to move to fully digital tickets with the charge acting as another step to encourage digital take up.

With 96% of people under 55 now owning a smartphone it is the direction of travel for ticketing. That’s not to say something does not need to be offered to those with accessibility issues but hardly surprising the club are going down this route.

450815caee100317214dd922af90b116.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For all those that want to print at home, hopefully it doesn't mean you have to download the ticket to Apple Wallet or Google Pay then access the ticket on that app to then print, as it rather defeats the point of printing at home in that you are not happy using a smart phone or don't have one.

Well this is my big bugbear with the club. I have an old fashioned (as far as the club are concerned anyway) season ticket card, which is fine as far as league games are concerned, but what happens if l want to purchase a ticket for friendly or cup fixtures?

My eyesight isn't good enough now to cope with anything in writing on a mobile phone, so obtaining a ticket for anything other than a league match has become a problem.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thinking about it some more I do wonder if they are trying to discourage print at home due to the ease of sharing a ticket as well. Probably not much of a worry for a friendly but getting the system in place for the season to come.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you want the free option choose the free option. Change happens. You have to keep up. The club aren’t obliged to stay with technology they don’t want.

But they are obliged not to discriminate against those with disabilities. There will be a large minority of people that this stance is unhelpful for.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But they are obliged not to discriminate against those with disabilities. There will be a large minority of people that this stance is unhelpful for.

Printing at home requires a printer. Digital tickets require a smart phone. I don’t see how they are discriminating. Was it discrimation to replace pay cash on the gate with the need for a paper ticket bought in advance and requiring scanning at the turnstiles ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Absolutely, it's all very well saying change is inevitable, and of course it is, but note everyone is able, (or in some cases even prepared), to use digital ticketing methods.

Discriminating against these often diehard fans isn't the way forward.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Printing at home requires a printer. Digital tickets require a smart phone. I don’t see how they are discriminating. Was it discrimation to replace pay cash on the gate with the need for a paper ticket bought in advance and requiring scanning at the turnstiles ?

Everyone can purchase a paper ticket and scan it at the turnstiles, not everyone owns, or can use, a mobile phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here