Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Morrissey's Bonfire Of Teenagers

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I worked at a music venue when he played there a few years ago. His list of rules included no meat in the building on the night or for 48 hours before. All staff and punters to be searched on entry and any meat products removed. Staff to be sent home of they were carrying meat. All smells of meat to be removed from the building. If these rules are broken or he “smells meat” in the venue, he will pull the gig. Which he did in Paris.

Paul Weller was probably the most entitled though, insisting he be allowed to smoke inside the venue, including on stage. Which he proceeded to do .

The majority of artists I have met , no matter how talented, are self-obsessed wallys.

Morrisey gave John Lewis permission to use Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want for their Christmas advert 2010.
One member of the John Lewis partnership is that well known meat seller- Waitrose.
False virtues for sure.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You’re entitled to that view of course, for the record though I broadly agree with Morrissey’s sentiments about the reactions of many to that terrorist outrage.

Lighting candles, holding vigils and singing Kum By Ya in the aftermath of any terror attack is de rigueur these days. I’m sure it makes some people feel better, but it’s ultimately meaningless sentimentality and its foolish (or moronic) to think it will do anything to prevent future attacks.

Well intended fools are really the problem…….bravo Morrissey.

If it makes people feel better it isn't meaningless.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I read he introduced the song by saying “This song is new, it’s about England’s 9/11" - which is quite a take in itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here