It's a 'no' from me... :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntu9G195DU

1.jpg

2.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I really don't get Morrissey. He's a right miserable git, singing miserable, non-sensdical songs. :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bigmouth strikes again.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I always found the The Smiths lyrics very humorous tbf. The trouble is as an artist ages (badly) they can just become a poor parody of their previous selfs. Unfortunately, this is Morrissey nowadays.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Is this song about the Manchester Arena bombing?

Several of the lyrics suggest it might be.

If it is then Morrisey is even more of a back to front than I previously thought.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used to be a big fan, but this is tasteless, he’s wrote a song about a terrible event and turned it around to his condemnation of forgiveness.

Morrissey what have you done, disappointed in you.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He’s just doing what he’s always done ie going against current fashion. If it was Bonfire of the Old People then the NSC oldies would love it.

Er... you appear to have missed the topic of the song, which subsequent posters have noted.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like many others I was a fan and found his lyrics clever, playful, interesting and with wit. But, with age he has turned into a bitter man totally devoid of any of these qualities. Many of his peers (and some of his heroes like Sparks) have now publicly distanced themselves from him and the shite he now spouts and so will I.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Not a fan but from an art perspective at least he is thought provoking.
I'm happy to be led down a path by music and lyrics, its a more constructive path than the overt provocation and baiting of for example Piers Morgan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That said, I saw him on a flight about three years ago and he had a gorgeous Prada man bag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan but from an art perspective at least he is thought provoking.
I'm happy to be led down a path by music and lyrics, its a more constructive path than the overt provocation and baiting of for example Piers Morgan.

I agree in principle but these lyrics are quite basic and I would say designed to bait as opposed to stimulate any intellectual debate; there is no interesting angle to think about. In this sense how does it differ from Piers Morgan?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I worked at a music venue when he played there a few years ago. His list of rules included no meat in the building on the night or for 48 hours before. All staff and punters to be searched on entry and any meat products removed. Staff to be sent home of they were carrying meat. All smells of meat to be removed from the building. If these rules are broken or he “smells meat” in the venue, he will pull the gig. Which he did in Paris.

Paul Weller was probably the most entitled though, insisting he be allowed to smoke inside the venue, including on stage. Which he proceeded to do .

The majority of artists I have met , no matter how talented, are self-obsessed wallys.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I seeing a little dig at Oasis chucked in there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here