Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can see the lot up the road thinking up oh-so-hilarious comments already.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless Steele is off I just can't see it.

The keeper succession is so clearly mapped out, getting another one in makes no sense.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I can see the lot up the road thinking up oh-so-hilarious comments already.

If we sign him, let's hope he plays a blinder against them.

Don't get mad, get Steven.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Unless Steele is off I just can't see it.

The keeper succession is so clearly mapped out, getting another one in makes no sense.
Could be possible if we are loaning out Scherpen and Rushworth too, as we'd need a third keeper.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be possible if we are loaning out Scherpen and Rushworth too, as we'd need a third keeper.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I guess and after 9 games for Peterborough, last season, sitting here doing nothing is better than most other places.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
not a massively reliable source but we're being linked with Swansea keeper Steven Benda as a potential backup option. assume that would see Steele move to 3rd choice or sold as he still has a year (i think?) to go till his contract is up

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-wolves-and-brighton-make-moves-to-sign-steven-benda/

(no complation videos I can find, which means it's an instant NO for me)
Yawn ..................... they probably think that we've still got Billy Arce too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. Don't see it. Benda was considered a big talent when GP was in Swansea and a lot of people wanted him in goal. Unlike in the case with Sanchez/Ryan, GP didn't seem to have confidence in Benda despite Nordfelt/Mulder being some of the main reasons Swansea didn't reach playoffs in GPs year there. I think it is doubtful that GP would approve this signing.

Benda wouldn't sign to be number three keeper.

Steele wouldn't stay to be demoted to number three keeper.

Benda would bite anyones hand off to be a nr 3 goalie in the PL. The guy was a backup goalie in the Championship last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here