Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Fuel price protests set for M54 and M6 today with hundreds expected to join

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Please feel sorry for me

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...ivers-on-the-soaring-petrol-and-diesel-prices

I have to commute from Cornwall to London. :facepalm:

Seemingly 13 arrested for closing motorways.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62034278

But remember folks this is completely different.

“The go-slow action mainly targeted three-lane motorways with convoys of vehicles crawling along two lanes - leaving the "fast" outside lane free”

The Other protests blocked the roads completely, which included blocking emergency services

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
“The go-slow action mainly targeted three-lane motorways with convoys of vehicles crawling along two lanes - leaving the "fast" outside lane free”

The Other protests blocked the roads completely, which included blocking emergency services

Both shut down stretches of motorway blocking emergency services.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't disagree (and as I know you're a lorry driver directly affected by this your opinion on this carries more weight than those of us who just pontificate). Also I will grudgingly accept that at least the protest 'venue' (the motorways) was relevant and wasn't just picked as an easy target and as a place to simply cause maximum disruption. But my point stands. Pissing off ordinary people really doesn't help, and indeed plays right into the government hands. For all the people who say it's for an excellent cause and for the greater good there are those of us who rage at the disruption. We turn on each other, and the people who can make the difference look on untroubled. Go and blockade 10 Downing Street, Westminster, Johnson's home, Carrie's yoga class, Sunak's servants, etc. Irritate them, not us.
Who was pissed off, the people who have money to burn, those that dont give a F@#k about price increases . If haulage companies wanted to really piss off people then the original plan would have taken place.
This plan was for lorries and vans off the road not delivering to anywhear a week before christmas.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does this count as one of those troublesome protest Priti Patel has banned, or doesn't this count?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here