Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Will the unions deliver England silverware at the world cup in Qatar?

Can The Unions deliver us world cup silverware?

• Yes, yes, I feel it in dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Arthur Scargill's Crown topper says YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a trade (union) off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comrades, we need to cheque the small print

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • One (nil) out, we're all out

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuine question.

The unions don't seem to have had much impact on society for many years. The occasional strike, with monumental outrage expressed by nobody (the Daily Mail). What gives?

So, with the massive reach that the unions appear to have had, according to some, will they be able to deliver that much covetted silverware we all crave, from that football tournament in (quick google search, bare with me....) Kuwait in November? The World Cup. Jules Rimet.

Our boys are ready to go after their massive (another quick google) 4-0 win, er.....hang on...never mind.

So how about it? Are the Unions going to be able to bring their massive and sinister (yes, yes, it is sinister) pressure to bear and win us that mighty trophy, once and for all?

Poll to follow.

Free speech, too. Love it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unlike some thread starters on this board, I am more than happy to stick my opinion where my mouth is, and defend to the death, whatever it was, till proven otherwise, whereupon (and whence) I shall depart the thread, schooled, and happy at the schooling, because every day is a school day on NSC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EisOrLiU0uE

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hardly, given that you can't succeed with just one striker. And when up against a mean defence you need to find a way to picket.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm banking on this thread disappearing into the depths of nowhere, indicating how uncontroversial it is. When we all agree, there is nothing to discuss. Innit.

But I am happy to declare my right to free spee

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But will they actually strike, or like the Albion, just play to the rules?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will the unions deliver England silverware at the world cup in Qatar?

About the same chance as Boris - or Gove - or Tommy Robinson (such a celeb that I'd never heard of him until I joined NSC) ..... or .... what's that? I just can't remember - oh yes, Brexit!

TBF ..... or Starmer either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here