Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV match choices

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Does anyone believe they know/understand the algorithm used for selection?

Are we nearly always on against the Big 6 or is it quite often otherwise?

Views on Sat Aug 26th...? Where would your money be predicting games selected to move from 3.00pm?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Views on Sat Aug 26th...? Where would your money be predicting games selected to move from 3.00pm?

There is a very strong suggestion that we will be playing on the 26th August this year, on Sky, but this isn’t a Saturday

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

The tv companies have to show each club a certain number of times, realistically its the big 6 that bring the viewers in, after all, tBrighton v Brentford is realistically going to have a much smaller audience than Liverpool v Brentford or City v Brighton, so in order to get the viewers the tv will use us v the big six as tv games more often than us v the other 13. That way they fulfil their obligations to us lesser clubs while still being able to show the big 6 most of the time

IF we continue to be top third then we will start to be shown more often as we start to be percieved as more relevant

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think we are often on TV in the first half of the season as an interesting good to watch team, but on less in the second half as we aren’t in contention for Europe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think we are often on TV in the first half of the season as an interesting good to watch team, but on less in the second half as we aren’t in contention for Europe.

More likely they are getting the likes of us out of the way early doors, in order to fulfil the minimum number of times they have to show us over the season. Then they can focus more on the fixtures of the Big 6 towards the business end.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
More likely they are getting the likes of us out of the way early doors, in order to fulfil the minimum number of times they have to show us over the season. Then they can focus more on the fixtures of the Big 6 towards the business end.

I feel like we were on TV more last season than the pre-Covid seasons, so getting more than the minimum. But yes they definitely save the end of season slots for the big 6.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Sky like us at the Amex as the facilities are good for them and the football is fantastic for the punters. I can see us being on tv quite a bit this coming season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here