Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Richards - Bayern Munich - 22 year old USA International centre back

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Oh man, an American on the team would instantly become my favorite player. I could use one good thing to feel good about as an American right about now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I liked when he sang "Congratulations" at Wimbledon in the rain. Could do a job.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not likely to get the game time he wants here, Shirley!? Anyway, not sure we want him unless he is on the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Think we've probably got enough spare centre backs? Seems to be one position we have no trouble developing in depth ...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has a contract to 2025 apparently.

Broke into the Bayern squad regularly in Feb 21 but has been hampered with 3 separate injuries. Two footed, looks the part but at £12m, we’d be buying a profound sick note.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He has a contract to 2025 apparently.

Broke into the Bayern squad regularly in Feb 21 but has been hampered with 3 separate injuries. Two footed, looks the part but at £12m, we’d be buying a profound sick note.

Yes, I noticed the injuries. He made 34 appearances while on loan, but missed 11 games due to injuries. Bit of a red flag.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Think we've probably got enough spare centre backs? Seems to be one position we have no trouble developing in depth ...

But what if he's better than our current reserves? I expect Dunk, Webster and Veltman to still be our main 3, but he could be better than Van Hecke, Clarke, Ostigard, Roberts at their current stages of development?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
But what if he's better than our current reserves? I expect Dunk, Webster and Veltman to still be our main 3, but he could be better than Van Hecke, Clarke, Ostigard, Roberts at their current stages of development?

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I have a suspicion that Van Hecke could turn out to be the best of the lot. He was POS at Blackburn at age 21.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would not rule this out - but I suspect that means goodbye to Duffy, Clarke and Østigård.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I think we probably are looking to strengthen or centre back options, Ostigard and Duffy are probably leaving, and we sold Burn too. With other potential departures of Cucurella, Clarke, Van Hecke (loan?) Roberts (loan?). This guy maybe considered as an alternative to Colwill especially if Chelsea are asking for a buy back option which we don't like to do.

I think at 22 y/o the injury record isn't such a red flag particularly given the great work our medical team have done with Lallana and Welbeck who were perceived 'sick notes' before they arrived at the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I have a suspicion that Van Hecke could turn out to be the best of the lot. He was POS at Blackburn at age 21.

...... and Matt Clarke was POTS at Portsmouth at 21 .... and at 22 .. and again at 23 with Derby, and this year at 25 with West Brom!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
...... and Matt Clarke was POTS at Portsmouth at 21 .... and at 22 .. and again at 23 with Derby, and this year at 25 with West Brom!

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the problem we see with Clarke? His record in the championship does at least suggest he's worth a go in the PL.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the problem we see with Clarke? His record in the championship does at least suggest he's worth a go in the PL.
[MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] is a Derby fan and one of our more astute posters, and reckons that Clarke is an excellent top level Championship player, but thinks his weaknesses -- which, I think, he identified as slow and not the best reader of the game -- will get shown up at PL level.
Despite this, I wonder whether he's good enough to be fourth or fifth choice CB for us, especially given he's left-footed, which differentiates him from our other CBs.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
[MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] is a Derby fan and one of our more astute posters, and reckons that Clarke is an excellent top level Championship player, but thinks his weaknesses -- which, I think, he identified as slow and not the best reader of the game -- will get shown up at PL level.
Despite this, I wonder whether he's good enough to be fourth or fifth choice CB for us, especially given he's left-footed, which differentiates him from our other CBs.

Very kind of you :) Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings on him, he was at fault for more goals than he's given the discredit for but excellent on the ball and that's really important these days innit.

To be honest , he'd probably squeeze in to Derby's matchday squad right now, on the bench maybe :D

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I do hope so. If I'm honest I'd far rather one of our own steps up than spend £15-20m on a player outside the system

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Probably has a shout for the best professional Brighton player never to play for Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here