Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Sorry to hear this. One of the few who survived the Clough clearout and played consistently well for us under Saward, Clough, Taylor and Mullery over many years. Had the pleasure of meeting him at a book launch in Brighton a few years ago - a likeable guy, and he looked well. Get well soon Sully.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Best wishes to Sully for his recovery.

So many happy memories of the big Goldstone Ground matches he played in. His skilful play on the wing contributed to a fabulous period for the Albion and magnificent team performances.

My favourite was from April 1978 when we beat Tottenham 3-1 in front of 32,647 fans.

Eric Steele was in goal, behind a back four of Ken Tiler, Gary Williams, Mark Lawrenson and Graham Winstanley. In midfield, skipper Brian Horton, was joined by Tony Towner, Paul Clark and Sully. Up front, Peter Ward was partnered with Malcolm Poskett. On the bench was supersub Eric Potts who scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes v. Sunderland in another great game that season.

Tottenham came with a large number of fans who caused mayhem in the ground.

Two weeks later there were 33,000 Albion fans crammed in to see Albion beat Blackpool 2-1, but fall agonisingly short of back-to-back promotions due to a stitch up at The Dell.

Great days!

p.s. I will be sending Sully a card but it would be good if NSC can send him something including suitable contributions to this thread.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
You are an absolute and total Albion legend for me Peter, I watched your first and last games for us and most of everything in between. Mr 100%, and when combined with the likes of Wardy, 'Nobby' Horton, 'Tank' Clark, 'Spider' Mellor and many others, you were a part of the most exciting and wonderful team I had ever seen in all my years watching the Albion. You made me proud to be a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion, and for that I will forever be grateful to you, get well soon legend.

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad to hear but I can only see the headline, can someone copy and paste the full article please?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sully…. What a player ! I have seen him do tricks with the ball that would have commentators drooling if they were done by famous players.. A wonderful servant of the club .
Hmm . 71 is no great age , get well Sully and there is plenty left.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You are an absolute and total Albion legend for me Peter, I watched your first and last games for us and most of everything in between. Mr 100%, and when combined with the likes of Wardy, 'Nobby' Horton, 'Tank' Clark, 'Spider' Mellor and many others, you were a part of the most exciting and wonderful team I had ever seen in all my years watching the Albion. You made me proud to be a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion, and for that I will forever be grateful to you, get well soon legend.

:thumbsup:

Echo this wholeheartedly - but would add the finest Tache in football.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The one and only reason I decided to grow bum fluff under my hooter,if truth be told I doubt I'm alone there,get well soon please Peter

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Sully, Sully, Sully, Sully. Sully, Sully, SullEEEEE!"

A great star of that era and all those of us who saw him play remember him fondly. I don't think anyone had a bad word for him; he was always mentioned when fans were asked who were their favourite players.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Albion fans have been urged to show Goldstone great Peter O’Sullivan their support.

The former winger collapsed last week and has been on life support.

He is now recovering slowly in hospital.

His family would love supporters to get behind him and send get well wishes and cards.

Sully, now 71, was a massive favourite at the Goldstone in the 1970s and made 491 appearances for the club in total.

He is still fondly remembered by those who cheered the Seagulls on their climb from third division to first in what were heady days along Old Shoreham Road.

His wife Kimberley would particularly love to have cards to take to him.

She said: “This will help with his cognitive therapy and keep him busy. I know that this will uplift him.”

As he recovers, Sully will send 'thank you' cards in reply, thanking people for their ongoing support.

Cards for Sully can be sent to our office at The Argus, 33 Bond Street, Brighton, BN1 1RD and will be passed on.

Messages of support, or memories of his playing days which might make him smile, can be left at the bottom of this article or emailed to brian.owen@theargus.co.uk.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Was always there, with the ball tied to his feet, throughout my formative years. My Peter O'Sullivan coffee mug lasted until a couple of years ago.

Get well soon Sully.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here