Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Donated- many thanks for leading on this Piltdown Man and to you too Jack Hackett!

Total now jumped to £1, 095, thanks to all but a particularly generous £500 donation just given.

Sully was up there with Wardy and Nobby for me, during my magical first midweek games at the Goldstone in the mid 70s.

All the best for a speedy recovery Sully, and thank you for helping get me on this incredible Albion journey over the last nearly 50 years!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mr Piltdown Man Sir, you are an absolute Gent for setting this up, can't thank you enough. And a very encouraging start thus far on the donation front. I spoke to Sully on video call yesterday evening and he was in fairly good spirits. Kim has asked me to try and 'get his brain working' when I speak to him so I was asking him random questions about the three promotion seasons in the 1970's and to be fair he got an awful lot right, including the Ward 4 Mellor 3 second half goals in the 7-0 Walsall game (he also remembered it was 0-0 at half time), the scorers/team at Newcastle in May 1979, and who scored our goal in the promotion winning 1-1 draw with Rochdale in 1972 (John Templeman).
Undoubtedly a rocky road ahead, but thanks to you Sir and the incredible folk of NSC, at least something is being done for poor Sully (and Kim) and awareness has been raised of his plight. Suppose nothing back from the club on the bucket collection at the Espanyol game??

Thanks for your kind words. When I set this up, the first time ever for me, I wanted to remain behind the Piltdown Man tag, it became apparent I had to go full on with my details. I didn't want it to be about "look at me". Everyone who has donated has helped.

When I woke up this morning my computer kept pinging and one poster on here doubled, yes doubled, the amount raised so far. They want to remain anonymous on here but I will be forwarding their name to Kim which they are happy for me to do.

A little update- I'm waiting for a call from the liaison officer at the PFA who manages ex-players with dementia. I was contacted by the welfare officer at the PFA yesterday afternoon.

I've been in contact with Nobby Horton, Gary Stevens who have been great.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Donated- many thanks for leading on this Piltdown Man and to you too Jack Hackett!

Total now jumped to £1, 095, thanks to all but a particularly generous £500 donation just given.

Sully was up there with Wardy and Nobby for me, during my magical first midweek games at the Goldstone in the mid 70s.

All the best for a speedy recovery Sully, and thank you for helping get me on this incredible Albion journey over the last nearly 50 years!

Many thanks

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
As this thread has evolved, just wondering if a change of thread title to include, or even lead with, the request for funds will assist the donation campaign?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As this thread has evolved, just wondering if a change of thread title to include, or even lead with, the request for funds will assist the donation campaign?

Yes hopefully a mod will see this.

I don't want to keep bugging them haha

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I totally get the Sully Way or No way - but the hospital and staff who provided such poor treatment should be reported to the CQC for this. Not acceptable and the CQC will investigate. This isn't about lack of resources, its about basic care and actually basic decency - a nurse texting someone when speaking to a patients family is simply poor.

I suspect Kim might not have the time, nor the inclination now, but perhaps another family member might find this link useful. They should not get away with it

https://www.cqc.org.uk/give-feedback-on-care?referer=contactus

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I totally get the Sully Way or No way - but the hospital and staff who provided such poor treatment should be reported to the CQC for this. Not acceptable and the CQC will investigate. This isn't about lack of resources, its about basic care and actually basic decency - a nurse texting someone when speaking to a patients family is simply poor.

I suspect Kim might not have the time, nor the inclination now, but perhaps another family member might find this link useful. They should not get away with it

https://www.cqc.org.uk/give-feedback-on-care?referer=contactus

That as maybe but let’s not take the thread off in a direction that I think posters want….firstly to inform about his health and secondly to promote how we can help :)

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I sent him a card via The Argus the week before last but haven't heard how he's doing, does anybody know the situation?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I sent him a card via The Argus the week before last but haven't heard how he's doing, does anybody know the situation?

He is home, more comfortable than before. His dementia is taking hold sadly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has anyone got an over bed table (hospital type) that could take to his house?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi All. Just wanted to set the record straight with regard to Sullys current plight. Despite me emailing The Argus asking them to update their factually flawed article three times now, I have had no response, ...

Is it worth emailing them again and get them to add the JustGiving link? The Sully story seems to have dropped off the radar as far as they're concerned.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Is it worth emailing them again and get them to add the JustGiving link? The Sully story seems to have dropped off the radar as far as they're concerned.

I'll try through Brian Owen as he's the only one that has had the courtesy to respond from The Argus. Unbelievable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
View attachment qr.pdf

0252B72E-7AD0-42AE-BA0A-22085A2CBA32.jpeg

I'm good at this. Sully laying down.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bounce

sullyswing1.jpg

Loyalty Barber loyalty. A Box of chocolates and some flowers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here