Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Was always my favourite player as a youngster. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had a secret man crush on him. Not something you could openly admit to in the 70s. How times have changed.
I also remember getting a little excited by the home internationals at the possibility he might get selected for Wales, and a little sense of pride when he was. At least I think it was the home internationals when he made his Wales appearances.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Was a post match regular at a fish restaurant I worked at in the 70s. With his Mrs, a true gent! Wishing him well.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I sent an E mail to Brian Owen re Sully and had a nice one back saying they will forward it to his wife .

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Loved watching Sully all through the 70s. A true Albion legend.
The Welsh Rivelino.
Get well soon xx

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sully…. What a player ! I have seen him do tricks with the ball that would have commentators drooling if they were done by famous players.. A wonderful servant of the club .
Hmm . 71 is no great age , get well Sully and there is plenty left.
Sad news and wish him well,saw him play a good few times in a different era of football where your wide man would often take on his defender and get round the back or cut inside. So different from 27 passes to get to the half way line only to play it back. I know which style of football i prefer.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I sent an E mail to Brian Owen re Sully and had a nice one back saying they will forward it to his wife .

really nice to see. don't want to digress, but this is exactly the sort of thing local community newspapers should be there for.

re sully: he was before my time but that's only meant that my idea of him as a player is somewhat folkloreish, based upon stories from older relatives, but from what I've been told, he was some player. hope he recovers well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From Facebook:

He shot. He scored. It must be Peter Ward!
Jacqueline Cagnina Ward ·
·
To Our Brighton Family,
I have been contacted by Kim (Sully's Wife) and I cannot give details at this time about his health but she is possibly going to be in need of items if and when Sully comes home so we would like to ask on Sully's behalf if anyone has any of the following items and if possible they could be delivered to Sully's home:
Wheelchair
Armchair
Hospital bed table
Wet chair that can be used in the bathtub
Please private message me so I can get you in touch with her and please ONLY serious inquiries on these items and that you are in fact able to deliver these items to their home in Shoreham by Sea as Kim does not have the means to do this and is busy taking care of Sully.
Thank you all so much for any help and please keep Sully & Kim in your prayers
Much Love to you all x
Peter & Jacqueline

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
From Facebook:

He shot. He scored. It must be Peter Ward!
Jacqueline Cagnina Ward ·
·
To Our Brighton Family,
I have been contacted by Kim (Sully's Wife) and I cannot give details at this time about his health but she is possibly going to be in need of items if and when Sully comes home so we would like to ask on Sully's behalf if anyone has any of the following items and if possible they could be delivered to Sully's home:
Wheelchair
Armchair
Hospital bed table
Wet chair that can be used in the bathtub
Please private message me so I can get you in touch with her and please ONLY serious inquiries on these items and that you are in fact able to deliver these items to their home in Shoreham by Sea as Kim does not have the means to do this and is busy taking care of Sully.
Thank you all so much for any help and please keep Sully & Kim in your prayers
Much Love to you all x
Peter & Jacqueline

I've emailed Kim as might be able to help with supply of medical equipment.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've emailed Kim as might be able to help with supply of medical equipment.

Great.

I have had an email from Paul Barber hopefully the club will step up and help a lot more.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Late to this as I thought, at a glance, it was Solly who had a cold or something.
Memories of Sully. I went to his testimonial dinner way way back and met many people including the great man himself. Things were put up for auction but my Dad, a very shrewd man, bid on nothing. Instead, at the end of the evening we had a chat with Peter and purchased his notes for his speach that night for £5. Sadly I don't know what happened to them.
Will forever remember him as a star of the Goldstone and wish him a speedy recovery.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Great.

I have had an email from Paul Barber hopefully the club will step up and help a lot more.

Here’s hoping …seeing that list of things required kinda brings it home …seeing as they still live in Shoreham I’m wondering if they would like some free lawn cuts as a way of practical help

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Here’s hoping …seeing that list of things required kinda brings it home …seeing as they still live in Shoreham I’m wondering if they would like some free lawn cuts as a way of practical help

It will not harm to contact Brian Owen to pass your offer on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have asked a close contact of the family if there will be further help required, perhaps adaptations to the house etc. I will keep you updated

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Hi All. Just wanted to set the record straight with regard to Sullys current plight. Despite me emailing The Argus asking them to update their factually flawed article three times now, I have had no response, so I thought everyone would want to know that Sully is NOT at home recovering. He was admitted back into hospital on Thursday (to Worthing this time), and is not in a good way. Whilst the exact prognosis for the great man is uncertain at this time, what is certain is that the road ahead will be very challenging. He desperately wants to come home but Kim simply cannot care for him 24/7. Whilst obviously we cannot help provide care (I did approach the club but despite a very nice email back from Paul Barber it was made clear they cannot make exceptions for individuals), is there any practical help we can give Kim, like dog walking, grass cutting, etc? I would do so myself but live in Essex so not that easy to get to Shoreham. I know she needs a new carpet in the bedroom laid, but obviously don't know if anyone on here could help with that. Please help me and Kim keep awareness of Sullys plight on the radar as everyone thanks to the Argus article thinks he's at home recovering, and happy to take PM's if anyone wants to assist/find out more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here