[Albion] Manu Sanchez - Atletico Madrid - LB or LWB

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I know I’m old school and Forest have been shit for decades but the idea that a player might choose Albion over Forest still seems weird to me :smile:

I know what you mean. I think it's called imposter syndrome.

But never mind our insecurities. Look at how far we've come. We may be nicking a player off Atletico Madrid. Holy cow! #peakalbion

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man U have a terrible record at the Amex. Do not want.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You find it weird that a player would choose Albion over Forest? You must be under 50 :lolol:

I'm in my 50s and it's not weird at all.

Less of the "li'l ole Brighton" and more ambition, please. Sure, 25 years ago we were fighting to stay in the professional game, but 40 years ago we got our second best finish ever.

Forest have been shit since they went down. Their ground (and away day) is great but the ground is hugely dated. They are no more a big club than us, Wolves, Leicester or Saints.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
1980, I remember being out shopping with my parents and seeing the result Brighton 1 Nottingham Forest 0 through a TV shop window and being absolutely astounded. It took me decades to finally see Gary Williams' goal:

[tweet]847171619147694080[/tweet]

However, when anyone mentions Forest, this is the first thing that comes to my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2F4-c_gLM

A memory usually followed by another that doesn't directly involve Forest.

(Apologies for the tangent, but it just never gets old):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49-WpW1Ey0&t=142s

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in my 50s and it's not weird at all.

Less of the "li'l ole Brighton" and more ambition, please. Sure, 25 years ago we were fighting to stay in the professional game, but 40 years ago we got our second best finish ever.

Forest have been shit since they went down. Their ground (and away day) is great but the ground is hugely dated. They are no more a big club than us, Wolves, Leicester or Saints.

I still think of Oldham as a team we might struggle to beat :lolol:

It’s taking a while for me to come to terms with Albion being a force that most teams fear playing :smile:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1980, I remember being out shopping with my parents and seeing the result Brighton 1 Nottingham Forest 0 through a TV shop window and being absolutely astounded. It took me decades to finally see Gary Williams' goal:

[tweet]847171619147694080[/tweet]

Clough said any goal scored in the last minute was a fluke. Then heaped praise on his million pound man Francis as he scored a last minute winner in the European Cup Final. Prat.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Or Crewe. There was a time when we could never seem to get a result against them.

Indeed, I saw a couple of bad defeats up there and Dean Ashton’s performance at Withdean was one of the best I saw from an opposition player whilst we played there. He just blew us away

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good player from what I've seen in Osasuna. Would fit in well.

Very intense playing style, similar to Cucurella in that way at least. You certainly notice him when he is playing. Likes to tackle, dribble and shoot.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good player from what I've seen in Osasuna. Would fit in well.

Very intense playing style, similar to Cucurella in that way at least. You certainly notice him when he is playing. Likes to tackle, dribble and shoot.

They’ve two other superb left backs but this guy is on a long contract. I can’t see him coming cheap.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They’ve two other superb left backs but this guy is on a long contract. I can’t see him coming cheap.

They are above the salary cap in Spain and need to get rid of players if they want to sign anything new. They are in a pretty weak negotiation position when everyone knows they need to sell players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just seen that last week he's gone on another loan to Osasuna.

So chalk him off the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here