Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you need to renew Albion + membership every season?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m an ST holder so I assume I don’t need to worry about this “nonsense” however I share my ticket with my Brother in Law via the official channel so he joined last season.

Has he and his daughter (who shares tickets with my son) got to join again? If so it’s not 2x £20 to share the ST it’s almost £100.

Excuse me if I’m being thick but I find the whole My Albion/My Albion +/ My Albion Digital and that latest My Albion video thingy confusing and the website doesn’t answer my questions.

I’m 55 soon so I prefer to talk about the weather these days with a nice cup of cocoa

Thanks in advance

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If it’s not on auto-renewal direct debit then yes they will need to pay again, although the price has gone up this season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As I feared, so therefore the £20 ST sharing price is mythical as they have to be a member therefore it’s £54 Adult £44 for a child

Sigh, no, it’s not mythical. You pay for the right to share your ST. You can share it as many times as you like for a free one off payment. Separately the sharee buys Albion+ membership. That is also a one off payment. We have just renewed our Albion + and set up auto renew for future seasons. We have done so because we are no longer season ticket holders but we support the club.
The above was the system last season anyway.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Although I haven't been a STH for a few seasons (mostly due to ill health), I've always kept up my Albion + membership in the hope that I may have been able to get to a couple of games per season. Unfortunately that hasn't happened so I haven't renewed it this year, my access to Albion matches is through through BT Sport and MOTD.

:(

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Although I haven't been a STH for a few seasons (mostly due to ill health), I've always kept up my Albion + membership in the hope that I may have been able to get to a couple of games per season. Unfortunately that hasn't happened so I haven't renewed it this year, my access to Albion matches is through through BT Sport and MOTD.

:(

Don’t beat yourself up. It’s the future. Football in the long run doesn’t want fans turning up, it contributes too little revenue plus there’s the operational cost of a stadium which can be replaced by more profitable cgi equivalents, to pay players even greater salaries. That’s really all that matters. Fans are so 20th Century. Everything else is just marketing and spin, the best of which is the notion of football being a sporting contest. So stay home and watch the self styled greatest league in the world. Alternatively, as more people seem to be doing, watch non league live and do something else too with all the free time not having to jump through hoops to watch an ‘elite’ game entails these days; plus, enjoy the small fortune you’ll save eg treat yourself to some gas or elec this winter, afford some food etc as we edge inevitably ever closer to WW3 and climate change catastrophe…

Actually, on 2nd thoughts, buy Member+ because life needs to be lived before it all ends! :cheers: :albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sigh, no, it’s not mythical. You pay for the right to share your ST. You can share it as many times as you like for a free one off payment. Separately the sharee buys Albion+ membership. That is also a one off payment. We have just renewed our Albion + and set up auto renew for future seasons. We have done so because we are no longer season ticket holders but we support the club.
A free one off payment ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t beat yourself up. It’s the future. Football in the long run doesn’t want fans turning up, it contributes too little revenue plus there’s the operational cost of a stadium which can be replaced by more profitable cgi equivalents, to pay players even greater salaries. That’s really all that matters. Fans are so 20th Century. Everything else is just marketing and spin, the best of which is the notion of football being a sporting contest. So stay home and watch the self styled greatest league in the world. Alternatively, as more people seem to be doing, watch non league live and do something else too with all the free time not having to jump through hoops to watch an ‘elite’ game entails these days; plus, enjoy the small fortune you’ll save eg treat yourself to some gas or elec this winter, afford some food etc as we edge inevitably ever closer to WW3 and climate change catastrophe…

Actually, on 2nd thoughts, buy Member+ because life needs to be lived before it all ends! :cheers: :albion2:

I bet you really are the life and soul of a party. :ffsparr:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

This is where the internet is scaring me again. Is it a “one off” payment as in you only pay it once or do you have to pay it EVERY season? That was my original question.

As for the other point surely the £20 IS mythical if the other party simply wants to share the ST and doesn’t want to buy away tickets (for matches like Huddersfield) nor receive an e birthday card

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So someone i go to games with, who has an Over 65's ST and is expecting to miss 2 games (maybe more) next season, so they'll have to pay £20 to make it shareable.

If his daughter takes the ticket for one of the games, she'll have to pay £34 (MyAlbion+ membership) as well as presumably having to pay the difference between an adult and the over 65's seat price (assuming the difference they'll have to pay is based upon the average price per game the ST pays, rather than full price)

If his Grandson (U18) takes the ticket on the other occasion, the fee of £24 will have to be paid for an MyAlbion+ membership

So simply the cost to make it so that their 2 family members are able to use the tickets for those 2 games will be £78, plus you'll still need to add any difference in seat price between the adult and over 65 price on top of that. - Then you add the value of the ticket that is being transferred (over 65 ST holder pays £22.65 on average a game vs £34.21 for an adult)

So for the daughter it will cost around £45.56 to use that ticket (fee + ticket uplift cost)
For the grandson it will cost around £20 (based on a slight refund? on the seat price being cheaper if U18)
And for the current ST holder it will cost £20 for them to not use it but stop them going to waste

So basically that's c£85 extra to use those 2 tickets. how much would it cost for those 2 to go to a game together in the family stand instead?
(Not sure how old the prices document i found is, but using that), their 2 tickets would be:
c£70 for a category A game (£15 less)
c£53 for a category B game (£32 less)
c£45 for a category C game (£40 less) - and means they can almost get to 2 games together each, for about the same cost of using that shared ST once each

No wonder there were so many empty seats about last season where they would have been passed on (usually free of charge to family members so they don't go to waste)

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
I’m an ST holder so I assume I don’t need to worry about this “nonsense” however I share my ticket with my Brother in Law via the official channel so he joined last season.

Has he and his daughter (who shares tickets with my son) got to join again? If so it’s not 2x £20 to share the ST it’s almost £100.

Excuse me if I’m being thick but I find the whole My Albion/My Albion +/ My Albion Digital and that latest My Albion video thingy confusing and the website doesn’t answer my questions.

I’m 55 soon so I prefer to talk about the weather these days with a nice cup of cocoa

Thanks in advance
You pay the £20 sharing and they pay adult £28 + child £ ?. They don't need to pay anything else

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So someone i go to games with, who has an Over 65's ST and is expecting to miss 2 games (maybe more) next season, so they'll have to pay £20 to make it shareable.

If his daughter takes the ticket for one of the games, she'll have to pay £34 (MyAlbion+ membership) as well as presumably having to pay the difference between an adult and the over 65's seat price (assuming the difference they'll have to pay is based upon the average price per game the ST pays, rather than full price)

If his Grandson (U18) takes the ticket on the other occasion, the fee of £24 will have to be paid for an MyAlbion+ membership

So simply the cost to make it so that their 2 family members are able to use the tickets for those 2 games will be £78, plus you'll still need to add any difference in seat price between the adult and over 65 price on top of that. - Then you add the value of the ticket that is being transferred (over 65 ST holder pays £22.65 on average a game vs £34.21 for an adult)

So for the daughter it will cost around £45.56 to use that ticket (fee + ticket uplift cost)
For the grandson it will cost around £20 (based on a slight refund? on the seat price being cheaper if U18)
And for the current ST holder it will cost £20 for them to not use it but stop them going to waste

So basically that's c£85 extra to use those 2 tickets. how much would it cost for those 2 to go to a game together in the family stand instead?
(Not sure how old the prices document i found is, but using that), their 2 tickets would be:
c£45 for a category C game (£40 less) - and means they can almost get to 2 games together each, for about the same cost of using that shared ST once each

No wonder there were so many empty seats about last season where they would have been passed on (usually free of charge to family members so they don't go to waste)

Been done to death on here. It was always illegal to pass on your ST. Just carry on doing it illegally if it upsets you so much.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is where the internet is scaring me again. Is it a “one off” payment as in you only pay it once or do you have to pay it EVERY season? That was my original question.

As for the other point surely the £20 IS mythical if the other party simply wants to share the ST and doesn’t want to buy away tickets (for matches like Huddersfield) nor receive an e birthday card

It’s a one off for the season. Next season you buy a season’s membership once again (if you want it).

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing

Thanks in advance

55 well i never

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Welcome to the digital world. It’s all about control under the guise of ‘efficiency’ and ‘fairness’

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
last season albion+ was 25 quid
this season albion+ is 34 quid

With inflation running at 9%, it’s only fair football runs several times higher. What with the cost of living crisis too, these footballers have got to eat and stay warm next winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here