Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Good movies ruined for you by one annoying scene

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ronin has De Niro on form and perhaps the best car chases of any movie in history ever (and I mean proper believable stunt driving, none of this CGI make believe. You can see utter terror in De Niro's eyes at one point when he's sat next to the stunt driver while he pretends to drive) ......yet one scene pretty much ruins the whole film for me. I just can't get over it, it bugs the shit out of me and I had to sell my lovely Arrow bluray reissue in the end because of it. Why did Beanie not just have a quiet word with him about the pronunciation? Any one scene ruin an otherwise excellent film for you?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's easy. James Bond - 'Die Another Day' - and the invisible car.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Sort of annoying...
The best line in The Italian Job was not the "bloody doors off" bit.
No.
The best line in that film was near the beginning when he was picking up his car, and talking about shooting tigers...

"Yes" he said, "I, er, used a machine gun!"

Maybe it's just me...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Skyfall – Q, a brilliant techno geek wizard plugs in Silver's laptop which releases a virus into the M16 computer system. And he's shocked when he realises it's said computer and pulls the ethernet cable out...I mean great film, why on earth did he need to investigate the laptop connected to the network!? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't know Brian The Palma was a bit of a perv.

The other day I watched Dressed To Kill...

...but that's more:-

Good scene ruined by annoying movie. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not one scene, but one common abberation, happens time and time again.

Historical accuracy and authenticity - they spend thousands getting it right. Tarmac which hadn't been invented at the period covered in sand and gravel, for example. Great care is taken to avoid out of place 20th. century artefacts appearing in period scenes, costumes authentic down to the last button hole, cars, furnishings etc. everything meticulously checked.........

......except trains!

"Hello, we need a train for this scene".
OK, this one seems to have smoke coming out of the chimney - that do?
"Yeh, fine, thanks!"
It never went anywhere near the supposed location, and wasn't built until twenty years later - does that matter?
"Nah - nobody'll notice!"

The classic one, of course, is the 39 Steps, where Richard Hannay's train, supposedly conveying him up the west coast from London to south west Scotland is see thundering over the Forth Bridge ........... but there are many, many others!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When eagles arrive to rescue Frodo and Sam from Mordor near the end of LOTR, just after they've cast the ring into the volcano.

And you're left wondering - why didn't they just fly there on a couple of eagles in the first place, and purge us all from a 12+ hours journey of mostly tedious cinema ?

Eh JRR ?

EH ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

Not an amazing film but comfortably the best of that trilogy.

Then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hilariously bad moment.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sort of annoying...

The best line in that film was near the beginning when he was picking up his car, and talking about shooting tigers...

"Yes" he said, "I, er, used a machine gun!"

Maybe it's just me...

Don't forget Irene Handl wonderfully delivering 'oh, something quite obscene with Annette'.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

Not an amazing film but comfortably the best of that trilogy.

Then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hilariously bad moment.

Worse was the "Luke" "Leia" "I'm dead" set by Natalie Portman which would have been laughable in a school play. To be honest, you could have a World cup of crap dialogue from that film

"In my opinion, the Jedi are evil"

Sake. Hardly the hardest man in the universe speaking.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A mate of mine said Dunkirk was ruined for him because the letters painted on the Spitfires were never ones used. He needs to get out more, but also just shows how the tiniest thing can annoy people.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
From Russia with love, the external train scenes (showing apparently a journey from Istanbul to Vienna) featured an LMS Black Five and some southern green coaching stock. I know it's petty but this kind of thing winds me up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Skyfall – Q, a brilliant techno geek wizard plugs in Silver's laptop which releases a virus into the M16 computer system. And he's shocked when he realises it's said computer and pulls the ethernet cable out...I mean great film, why on earth did he need to investigate the laptop connected to the network!? :shrug:

I was going to say Skyfall too. Although the scene I'm choosing is the A-Team/Home Alone style defence of the Skyfall house.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Wolf on Wall Street - When Margot Robbie opened her legs I immediately turned to my wife and said it was outrageous and unnecessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here