Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Le Tour de France

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
We are heading over to see the leg between Calais and Dunkirk, looking forward to picking up my free French detergents from the caravan!

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
the Richard Moore thing hit me pretty hard actually, I had been listening obsessively to the cycling podcast after getting really into following the racing in 2020. Really really sad!
Cycling Podcast definitely not the same. Daniel Friebe is a bit full of himself and Richard used to act as a counterpoint to him. Cause of death still unknown?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Cycling Podcast definitely not the same. Daniel Friebe is a bit full of himself and Richard used to act as a counterpoint to him. Cause of death still unknown?

Chris Hoy said in an interview that Richard passed away in his sleep. Happened to a teacher of mine when I was at school and the suddenness of it is just awful.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
With Quick Step being a Belgian team and Cav possibly overtaking another Belgian to hold the most stage wins, maybe there was a little reluctance to have him ride.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
With Quick Step being a Belgian team and Cav possibly overtaking another Belgian to hold the most stage wins, maybe there was a little reluctance to have him ride.

Yes King Eddie is almost a God in Belgium. I remember trying to drive through a road-race held in Belgium (I wasn't aware it was on) on my way back from Holland once in the late 1970's; all I could hear from the spectators was "Eddie, EDDIE..."

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m not an avid follower of the Tour de France, but am certainly interested. We were in the Pyrenees two weeks ago and drove over, near the campsite we were on, the Col D’Aubisque! Nuff respect.
A few years ago we were driving across to somewhere in Provence and found ourselves driving up and over Mont Ventoux. We started off thinking it wasn’t much, particularly having seen it the previous week on the TdeF…….. but it went on….. and on…… and on……. And on, and got steeper and steeper from memory. Stunning……. And I am old enough to remember when Tommy Simpson died there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't it his choice ?
If he signed for a 'lower ranked team' that paid less money, he would have got the ride and probably the record ££?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5HGNXq95k

He probably have got to the record without QuickStep.

You're proposing scoring in every round of the FA Cup for the Albion then switching to play against us, for palace, in the final.

Anyway Eddie's stage win record is a crock of shite.
Full of TT's and part stages (as it was back in the day)

Cav took the actual record years ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to have missed a 'wouldn't' at the start of #31.

Anyhoo

[tweet]1542528379815165952[/tweet]

Bit of a shame.
I've always been partial to the insane, smartest man in the room, ramblings of Matt Rendell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No doubt Quick-Step did the right thing going with Jakobsen...

Best sprinter in the World

Yeah really wanted a failure so I could write 'Cav would have won that'.

But he wouldn't have done, so I can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here