[tweet]1541418732202954752[/tweet]

Gutted for him.

Oh and kick off is Friday.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lets hope like last year he is parachuted in at the last minute, we have G, Yates and Froome all will be going for stage wins. However the Danes will be all out for the opening day wins.

I am going to miss Richard Moore on the cyling podcast and sadly (for me anyway) the velocast is no more, so hope some others step up.

Anyone got the official magazine yet, I just had a look at in the supermarket. I need to get the ever shrinking wall chart map up on the kitchen door.

Attachments

• TDF.png
    TDF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 278

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's a shame that he and Aliphillipe will both be missing it and that nearly everything seems certain of the winner already. I'm just hoping Thomas can get another top 3

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
And t the TDF route, anyone want to back a non Slovenian rider to win I cannot believe after millions of TDF thread posts NSC has never given us cycle emojis

Attachments

• TDF ROUTE.jpg
    TDF ROUTE.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 265

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And t the TDF route, anyone want to back a non Slovenian rider to win I cannot believe after millions of TDF thread posts NSC has never given us cycle emojis

Is...'La Super Planche Des Belles Filles' a different route up the usual Planche Des Belles Filles we get treated to most years now?

Or have the French also caught the fecking everything is now 'Super' bug as well?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Gutted for him.

I'm also gutted for him, but the way Jakobsen is sprinting at the moment, it's hardly surprising there's no room for Cav.

After that horror crash in Poland, I'm as pleased for Jakobsen to be back and firing on all cylinders as I am gutted for Cav.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The complete west and most of central France omitted..

Noises about 2024 ending in Nice, not Paris...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm also gutted for him, but the way Jakobsen is sprinting at the moment, it's hardly surprising there's no room for Cav.

After that horror crash in Poland, I'm as pleased for Jakobsen to be back and firing on all cylinders as I am gutted for Cav.

I know sentiment doesn’t exist in cycling generally, but given the potential narrative of beating Mercx record I’m a bit surprised they’ve not given him this chance to do it. In terms of sponsor coverage etc. Cav winning 1 stage is probably more press than Jakobsen winning 5 or 6.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know sentiment doesn’t exist in cycling generally, but given the potential narrative of beating Mercx record I’m a bit surprised they’ve not given him this chance to do it. In terms of sponsor coverage etc. Cav winning 1 stage is probably more press than Jakobsen winning 5 or 6.

This was my feeling too - I was surprised he was omitted because of the chance for the sponsors to be immortalised in all of the photos when he crossed the line to take that 35th stage. Part of me thinks he'll still be parachuted in at the last minute due to illness or an issue with one of Quick-Steps other riders.

His 'nationals win at the weekend was something else - all day in the break and then a winning sprint (without the usual lead out) - that is the kind of form that we have not seen in years. I know it was only the British nationals, but nevertheless it was impressive.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Lets hope like last year he is parachuted in at the last minute, we have G, Yates and Froome all will be going for stage wins. However the Danes will be all out for the opening day wins.

I am going to miss Richard Moore on the cyling podcast and sadly (for me anyway) the velocast is no more, so hope some others step up.

Anyone got the official magazine yet, I just had a look at in the supermarket. I need to get the ever shrinking wall chart map up on the kitchen door.

the Richard Moore thing hit me pretty hard actually, I had been listening obsessively to the cycling podcast after getting really into following the racing in 2020. Really really sad!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Love the look of this year. Having ridden in a lot of the alps, lived and done seasons its like my home away from home. Best bit about WFH is I can have it on in the background all day :D Might even dust off the Zwift setup and do a couple rides too. Allez!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Gutted for him.

Nooooo!!! That’s mad. That’s history that could have been made being snatched from us all.

I DEMAND a referendum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Froome is dead in the water. That last crash killed him off and the sooner he accepts this, the better.

I’ve got the mag. The price is steep but the socks are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here