Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Only Ian Lavender left now. :nono:
[TWEET]1541044396417843200[/TWEET]

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We used to run an antiques/curios stall in the Rocking Horse flea market in Hassocks. He sometimes came in with his partner and entourage.

He was exactly the same as in Dad's Army, so I don't think he was acting at all in Dad's Army - he was just being himself !

Lovely bloke. RIP Frank.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
R.I.P.

Just hope that Ian Lavender doesn't feel too lonely.

Ian Lavender moved out to Suffolk I believe, sometime last year but prior to that he lived close to where I am. Whenever I saw him in the town or the supermarket or wherever, they’d always be people calling out “don’t tell him Pike!” or “ you stupid boy” and he always unfailingly took it in good humour and would happily stop for selfies or to sign a scrap of paper or just have a brief chat and make someone else’s day a bit more memorable.

He’s a lovely, generous bloke and so sad that now he’s the last man standing for Walmington-on-Sea

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ex Ardingly boy I read.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A few years back he opened Rottingdean village fete. With a group of locals dressed up as the Walmington-on-sea home guard. He was dressed as the vicar. All reassuringly “village”. Rest in Peace Vicar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here