Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus Headline

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Argus Headline - “Albion left-back heads north on permanent deal”
Is this just an obvious ploy and lazy journalism just to wind up the Albion fans into thinking Cucurella has signed for City? Obviously it’s the Cochrane to Hearts story but is this really necessary?
I usd to like the Argus and for many a year they were my go-to for Albion news but nowadays they just seem so cheap and obvious

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this just an obvious ploy and lazy journalism just to wind up the Albion fans into thinking Cucurella has signed for City? Obviously it’s the Cochrane to Hearts story but is this really necessary?
I usd to like the Argus and for many a year they were my go-to for Albion news but nowadays they just seem so cheap and obvious

Surprised anyone bothers to look. Crap website, crap reporting. Ignore

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s one of the many reasons it’s fallen to a tedious online rag, clickbait fitting of the Mirror or Express.

The Argus does the same thing when the Albion WSL team sign players, an ambiguous headline to draw in fans of the men’s team.

The rest of the rag just encourages arguments between petrol-heads and everyone else, to slag off Green politicians and advertising features dressed as news on £2m homes.

40 years ago they employed journalists.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You should have made that headline the thread title. Oh, the drama!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Many years ago, I used to get the Argus delivered every day. Then one day, I realised there was actually nothing in it. Then it put the price up by a big margin. I stopped getting it delivered.

Since then, it hasn't negotiated the path to an online news website all that well. It needs to be put out of its misery.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many years ago, I used to get the Argus delivered every day. Then one day, I realised there was actually nothing in it. Then it put the price up by a big margin. I stopped getting it delivered.
That's where I got to with the Daily Mirror in the 1980s!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Clicks won’t bait themselves.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Same tactic the club use when they sign a player for the women's team...'Albion sign International goalkeeper'

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The rest of the rag just encourages arguments between petrol-heads and everyone else, to slag off Green politicians and advertising features dressed as news on £2m homes.

Oi, you're forgetting the really important service it provides in letting us know every time Katie Price blows her nose. Or something.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I confess to still get the on line version, for obituaries if nothing else.
The reporting really is as lazy as their attempts to fill space with pictures of the backs of police officers at every occasion. One day last week they had a page of court reporting, 2/3 of which was a photo of the back of a copper. I did write to the editor and asked him for comment - no reply. They fill it with school class pictures or youth football teams whenever possible. It is no longer local and much of its content has nothing to do with its original audience.
I don’t think I’ll bother renewing next time round.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like the Argus, but not the website.

Easy to criticise, but I prefer Brian Owen’s articles to The Athletic’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here