Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Harry Gration - RIP

theboybilly

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
That’s sad news - the jovial face of local tv news. Though, thinking about it, maybe all local news presenters are jovial.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This made me very sad. When he was on telly down south I was living with a friend from up north, who moved down to Brighton at the same time HG came down to South Today.
Came across as a very nice guy.

I'm pretty sure he once said that Brighton fans were the best fans in the world or similar during the Gory Years. Be great if someone could dig that out.

RIP Harry

[tweet]1318995662759956480[/tweet]

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lovely bloke, and very much on our side in the troubles, destroyed Bellotti in a live interview on South Today.

71 is no age, especially when you’re 58 in a months time ��

RIP

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That’s sad news - the jovial face of local tv news. Though, thinking about it, maybe all local news presenters are jovial.

Which makes me wonder if Chris Peacock is still around on Meridian/ BBC South (I forget which). I always laughed childishly when I heard his name back in the days when we actually watched local news (for the Albion goals, once they'd showed Southampton, Pompey, Bournemouth, Reading, Aldershot and Oxford first).

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Which makes me wonder if Chris Peacock is still around on Meridian/ BBC South (I forget which). I always laughed childishly when I heard his name back in the days when we actually watched local news (for the Albion goals, once they'd showed Southampton, Pompey, Bournemouth, Reading, Aldershot and Oxford first).
Don’t go there - you’ll get us all started on Ray Hiron and Trickie Nicky Jennings, which has probably already been done to death on another thread.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Very sad news - a true gentleman who supported us during the war years and fully grasped the nub of the story. Very fair in his interviews and always very kind to me. RIP Harry and thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here