Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rolls Royce to Robin Reliant

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Albion signing who came in with huge expectation and left to a chorus of derision.

Two spring to mind for me.

Junior McDougald, Liam Brady announced his signing at the 1994 Gulls Eye Dinner at the Dudley Hotel, raved about him, saying he could turn out to be another Peter Ward.

Jason Peake, huge outlay for where the club was at the time, his kinder critics would say he disappointing, the more cynical amongst us would argue he was actually nicking a living at the Goldstone.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Was Locadia ever more than a very expensive punt? I can't remember him being 'bigged up' so to speak.
CMS for me but I've been drinking already.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ryan Harley, Poyet pursued his signature for at least 2 windows, and then wished he hadn't.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The Albion signing who came in with huge expectation and left to a chorus of derision.

Two spring to mind for me.

Junior McDougald, Liam Brady announced his signing at the 1994 Gulls Eye Dinner at the Dudley Hotel, raved about him, saying he could turn out to be another Peter Ward.

Jason Peake, huge outlay for where the club was at the time, his kinder critics would say he disappointing, the more cynical amongst us would argue he was actually nicking a living at the Goldstone.

It's a Reliant Robin:facepalm:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This was mine. A Reliant Regal Supervan 3.

Attachments

• Reliant Supervan 3 1980.jpg
    Reliant Supervan 3 1980.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CMS, harsh I know but when you think of who he replaced…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here