Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Subscription channels, anyone do the lot?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It seems more and more subscription channels are on the rise.

Disney+, HBO+, Paramount+, Amazon Prime, Britbox, ITV+, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Sony TV, Apple+, ESPN, Bein.....etc etc.

Anyone minted enough to go for the full house?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just the sports ones. Oh, and Netflix, oh, and Amazon Prime. But Netflix is going.

Oh, and Spotify. But that is the last to go.

Anyone who likes football, rugby and cricket needs directing to Virgin at the mo. I got broadband, TV, Sky Sports and BT Sports for £69 a month. Bargain.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just the sports ones. Oh, and Netflix, oh, and Amazon Prime. But Netflix is going.

Anyone who likes football, rugby and cricket needs directing to Virgin at the mo. I got broadband, TV, Sky Sports and BT Sports for £69 a month. Bargain.
I'm looking at options at moment. I keep reading online that sky sports hd channels are terrible on virgin is this true ?

Is it noticeably worse than bt sports hd for example?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount+ and Disney+ here.

P+ will probably only be until Strange New Worlds finishes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Huh! - stay with Virgin long enough and you'll get broadband, TV, Sky Sports and BT Sports for £69 a month - but without Sky Sports and BT Sports!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+.
Just finished watching Obi-Wan Kenobi, brilliant. Can't wait for a Vader spin-off.
I also have a login for my brother-in-law's Sky and when football starts again I'll sign up to BT sport's for the season so he can watch that in return.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got rid of them all when GB News started. That pretty much covers all I need.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm looking at options at moment. I keep reading online that sky sports hd channels are terrible on virgin is this true ?

Not sure really, I just watch them. Then again, I'm easily pleased. I'd be happy with a 1980 Rediffusion rental if I could watch the cricket when I wanted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Netflix, Prime, BT Sport and Now TV

Now is for the chop once the cricket season finishes and I think Neflix may be on its way out too

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Netflix and Disney free from my brother in law.
Now Sports and Ents as I split it three ways. Almost certainly wouldn't pay any of them properly myself.
BT Sport as I like the rugby and has enough decent football to justify it

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Nope - who has the time to watch 24hrs of TV a day?

I've got a life, although we do have Disney+ for the Grand children when they visit.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Just Sky sports, just gone from £55 to £85 end of promo. told them to cancel if it there is any increase.............now waiting to see if they give in or it's gone. ManU v BHA first game so hope it's there, nearest pub a good half hour cycle

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

I wouldn't say that Sky Sports HD on VM is 'terrible' - but BT Sport HD is better, especially BT Sport Ultimate which is superb. I've been with VM since the year dot and negotiate a new deal every 18 months. My next round of negotiations is November as my current deal ends in December. I always have a look at what deal I could get from Sky but it's always more expensive than the deal I get. Plus VM broadband is excellent.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wouldn't say that Sky Sports HD on VM is 'terrible' - but BT Sport HD is better, especially BT Sport Ultimate which is superb. I've been with VM since the year dot and negotiate a new deal every 18 months. My next round of negotiations is November as my current deal ends in December. I always have a look at what deal I could get from Sky but it's always more expensive than the deal I get. Plus VM broadband is excellent.
Thanks

I'm a long time sky customer but thinking about switching over and consolidating as I really want the 1gb connection. Looks like I will lose some quality with skysports but I guess I can live with that !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Just Amazon prime that I share with my daughter in the UK. Everything else can be viewed with Cinema HD/Redbox/LiveNet TV on my Firestick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here