Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My parents took us to see The Jacksons at the Brighton Centre, 10th Feb 1979, The Destiny Tour. I hated it, mainIy because I was an early teen who loathed family outings.

With mates, Gary Numan at the Brighton Centre, 21st Sept 1980. [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] .... were you there?

I was only 12-sh when The Jam, The Police, The Stranglers toured in their early pomp, so missed out :cry:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
British Reggae Awards, Town & Country Club, Kentish Town.

Mid 80's. Organised by Tony Williams. Technically they were all 'PA's' as that was a thing back then. Would have been the likes of Sandra Cross, Kofi, The Undivided Roots Band, Aswad, Tippa Irie, Macka B etc. There would have been at least one big Jamaican star there too, likely Dennis Brown or Gregory Isaacs ( I saw both numerous times in subsequent years so can't remember).
What I do remember very well was it being my first trip out of town in my Vauxhall Viva. I was only 17, not long passed my test and the heater packed up on the way up just as it started to snow a bit :lol:

I also remember having a massive crush on Sandra Cross. :love:

Happy days!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thousand Yard Stare

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Adge Cutler and the Wurzels - Worthing Connaught Theatre - about 1969 or 70.

They were very good!!! Much better with Adge Cutler than without him, after he died. A very funny man.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Chris Barber's Jazz Band at the Dome.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Roxy Music (Eno era). Although, strictly speaking, the first band I saw was the support act, a band called Sharks (who didn't make it big)

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Madness, Finsbury Park, 8 August 1992, supported by Morrissey, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Gallon Drunk and Flowered Up.

I was there. Very drunk 22 year old.

First is very embarrassing I’m afraid. Sir Clifford of Richard at the Brighton Centre
Think it was a God-bothering type of affair dragged along with church.
First on my own was Meat Loaf.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I went to see Lindisfarne Dome 1970'ish but I suppose the first band I saw was the support which was Genesis!! I only realised that many decades later when I looked at the ticket!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Cool Answer - Them Crooked Vultures at Brixton Academy

Real Answer - McFly at Hove Cricket Ground

Them Crooked Vultures were my second to be fair, the first I went to without my mum was Franz Ferdinand as well that was cool

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
My wife has just chipped in with the Beatles at the Hippodrome in 1964. Her dad was a policeman on the door who got her in.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Whitesnake - Dome Brighton October 1979

I saw them in Bournemouth on that tour ... right down the front and during the gig shook hands with Dave Coverdale and then got my fingers caught up in his big gold bracelet ... took a few seconds to untangle which seemed like an eternity when we was trying to sing at the same time!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here