Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marshall Munetsi

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Central midfield isn't a position that needs additions although if he can cover the centre backs like Bissouma then he would be worth it for £7m. Additionally we saw very few minutes of Lallana during the run in and Moder will be out for a while so one more could be worthwhile

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can't see that we'll ever field Marshall. Although we could do with a midfield general now Biss has gone.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Nelly - Ride wit' me

If you want to go and take the ball off me
Better bring 2 boys or maybe 3
Oh why did you even try? (Hey, He's Marshall Munetsi!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a BS article. They even had this bit which confines that a transfer is out of the question:

“Munetsi, who scored four goals in 22 games last season after coming back from injury, only signed a new contract last month but Reims could be willing to sell for around £7 million.”

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very much in the same mould as Biss. Wouldn’t entirely rule it out at the hat price.
Certainly more likely than a €60m striker

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
What a BS article. They even had this bit which confines that a transfer is out of the question:

“Munetsi, who scored four goals in 22 games last season after coming back from injury, only signed a new contract last month but Reims could be willing to sell for around £7 million.”

which part of that confirms a transfer is out of the question? cause it's not the contract part

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
which part of that confirms a transfer is out of the question? cause it's not the contract part

He signed an extension (to 2026) on the 20th May. I’m not sure on what planet a 26 year old midfielder with his Ligue 1 leading stats is then going to leave a month or so later and is only going to be worth £7m with Reims already set to pocket £25m+ from Newcastle. It’s madness?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
He signed an extension (to 2026) on the 20th May. I’m not sure on what planet a 26 year old midfielder with his Ligue 1 leading stats is then going to leave a month or so later and is only going to be worth £7m with Reims already set to pocket £25m+ from Newcastle. It’s madness?

Well maybe not at that price but him and Ekitike, a much younger forward player, are hardly comparable in terms of trying to gauge how much we might need to pay. A new contract wouldn't mean it's beyond all doubt not happening, he'd just a bit more expensive, particularly if he wants a move to the PL, which I suspect he might.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well maybe not at that price but him and Ekitike, a much younger forward player, are hardly comparable in terms of trying to gauge how much we might need to pay. A new contract wouldn't mean it's beyond all doubt not happening, he'd just a bit more expensive, particularly if he wants a move to the PL, which I suspect he might.

To put it another way, I’m sure our team have long standing targets. I just can’t see us pursuing a player who signed a 4 year extension just a month ago. The article also claims as fact that Potter is after a Bissouma replacement. We know that is not a foregone conclusion. The rumour of the pursuit of Mo Camara is much more realistic.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
To put it another way, I’m sure our team have long standing targets. I just can’t see us pursuing a player who signed a 4 year extension just a month ago. The article also claims as fact that Potter is after a Bissouma replacement. We know that is not a foregone conclusion. The rumour of the pursuit of Mo Camara is much more realistic.

and yet his official instagram account is liking comments about him joining leeds.
[tweet]1539288756108382208[/tweet]

this guy wouldn't be as expensive as camara anyway. don't get me wrong I'd rather sign camara or ilic, but this feels like one we may have in our back pocket in case those two don't come off

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His stats are excellent in terms of blocks, interceptions, aerial duels won and dirty work in our own half, but gets booked every third match which is a worry as in the Prem he could concede free kicks around the box.

He's a year older than Biss now, and half the price. On balance a risk, hopefully Leeds will buy this fella as a replacement for Phillips.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here