Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mane Transfer

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I thought his transfer summed up difference between Liverpool and Man Utd. Liverpool get 6 great seasons out of Mane and sell for £35m when he is 30. Man Utd pay £90m for Pogba and he goes for nothing

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst I would like a Mane transfer, for £35M I will remain bald.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I would like a Mane transfer, for £35M I will remain bald.

I'd be lion if I said I didn't agree with you.

To the OP. Totally agree. Although, by the sounds of it, Pogba – or maybe his ego – didn't exactly help his cause...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I personally couldn’t give a shite who has a better transfer policy between those two. It is like deciding which of your friends you’d want to run off with your wife. I hope both clubs fail.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I thought his transfer summed up difference between Liverpool and Man Utd. Liverpool get 6 great seasons out of Mane and sell for £35m when he is 30. Man Utd pay £90m for Pogba and he goes for nothing

Yeah, but Pogba had some well sick haircuts, innit? Worth every penny.

b68879a1a3a525856de823449d2dbed0.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Manure's new CEO Richard Arnold admitted at the weekend:

"It doesn’t sit easy with me and I worry how we get this sorted for the future. What’s happened is we have f*cking burned through cash.

You can’t go to our training ground and say ‘show me where the £1 billion is because we haven’t spent money well historically. I’m not here to defend (chairman) Joel (Glazer). He must speak for himself.

But you have taken the time to come here and make your views known - and I respect that. We’ve blown through an enormous amount of money".

When heading off a group of protestors, who were en route to his home. They recorded his words.

Some average players and some exceptional agents have found riches beyond their wildest dreams.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Nice to take the piss out of United but Liverpool have had some shit transfers too. Balotelli and Andy Caroll and back to Robbie "I'm a Liverpool fan" Keane back whe £20 million was a lot of money!

It could be argued that the money spent on AJ and Andone were worse deals due to the size of the budget available.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Manure's new CEO Richard Arnold admitted at the weekend:

"It doesn’t sit easy with me and I worry how we get this sorted for the future. What’s happened is we have f*cking burned through cash.

You can’t go to our training ground and say ‘show me where the £1 billion is because we haven’t spent money well historically. I’m not here to defend (chairman) Joel (Glazer). He must speak for himself.

But you have taken the time to come here and make your views known - and I respect that. We’ve blown through an enormous amount of money".

When heading off a group of protestors, who were en route to his home. They recorded his words.

Some average players and some exceptional agents have found riches beyond their wildest dreams.

Is this what some fans were complaining/kicking off about? Can't really argue with any of it – and, let's face it, there's nothing in there that we didn't already know. A HUMUNGOUS amount of money spent on players who either haven't improved or shown their value (for whatever reason).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nice to take the piss out of United but Liverpool have had some shit transfers too. Balotelli and Andy Caroll and back to Robbie "I'm a Liverpool fan" Keane back whe £20 million was a lot of money!

It could be argued that the money spent on AJ and Andone were worse deals due to the size of the budget available.
We also signed a DJ for over £10m.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is this what some fans were complaining/kicking off about? Can't really argue with any of it – and, let's face it, there's nothing in there that we didn't already know. A HUMUNGOUS amount of money spent on players who either haven't improved or shown their value (for whatever reason).

The whinging seems to be:

Long term - that the Glazer's have been tight and taken all the money. They haven't .... ManC and Manure match each other on player spending at I think €1.1b in fees alone over x number of years.

Short term (this window) - Liverpool and ManC have already been signing quality, sought after players. Why did they lose out on Darwin Nunez? Impatient?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here