Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber's fan meet up in Australia.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I believe he is related through a family member and marriage to somebody in SDU.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
See that Seagulls down Under are not happy about this being released:

You do realise this was confidential info that was not meant to be shared? Especially the idea of a pre-season tour (which is not yet confirmed)
@OfficialSDU
are, understandably, very upset about this. Maybe delete the tweet?

--

Seagulls Downunder
@OfficialSDU
·
16m
Angry is the word you’re looking for.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
See that Seagulls down Under are not happy about this being released:

You do realise this was confidential info that was not meant to be shared? Especially the idea of a pre-season tour (which is not yet confirmed)
@OfficialSDU
are, understandably, very upset about this. Maybe delete the tweet?

--

Seagulls Downunder
@OfficialSDU
·
16m
Angry is the word you’re looking for.

I'm out of the loop... are the two Australian Paul Barber fan clubs fighting eachother?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If club information is to remain confidential, then blabbing it to a supporters group will guarantee it doesn't stay confidential for long :D

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not quite the levels of the bloke in the pub filming the new Man U CEO but good nonetheless.

I don't think there's anything especially controversial here though is there? I think Barber had spoken about NYC being on the cards pre Covid....and presumably he's happy for fans to know about the new kid maybe going out on loan so it would have ended up with Naylor and the Argus anyway.

Not sure if Barbs has done a Zoom or a face to face but fair play if he's swung by them in Oz if he's on his holidays

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I doubt it was that confidential, but of course when fans ask to be more ‘included’ in things and silly stuff that gets mentioned over a beer then gets leaked immediately on social media won’t necessarily endear the club to being more inclusive in future.

USA thing was already on the cards - https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17827286.albion-eye-usa-trip-2020-pre-season/

Bit like those nob head Man Utd fans, met the new CEO, he agreed to discuss bits with them , bought them all beers just for them to snidely secretly film him and putting it all over social media.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely ridiculous that SDU are getting all prissy about Barber's comments "leaking" out onto social media. Its a meet-up with fans, not a bloody war cabinet. Barber will have disclosed exactly what he wanted to have disclosed, he's not daft or naive enough to actually believe that his remarks, in a fans forum, would be part of the official secrets act. Requests for the tweets to be deleted are pathetic- you can't push toothpaste back into the tube.

My message to SDU - get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Absolutely ridiculous that SDU are getting all prissy about Barber's comments "leaking" out onto social media. Its a meet-up with fans, not a bloody war cabinet. Barber will have disclosed exactly what he wanted to have disclosed, he's not daft or naive enough to actually believe that his remarks, in a fans forum, would be part of the official secrets act. Requests for the tweets to be deleted are pathetic- you can't push toothpaste back into the tube.

Is it? Granted whilst I agree there is no real earth shattering revelations if PB had said this is between us then it should stay like that. I can understand why they are pissed off if that was the case.

Agree with you that there is no point deleting the tweets now though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it? Granted whilst I agree there is no real earth shattering revelations if PB had said this is between us then it should stay like that. I can understand why they are pissed off if that was the case.

Why would he say "this is between us" when talking to regular BHA fans? That would be a ridiculous thing to do.

I my not agree with PB on everything but I don't think he would be into the idea of creating different tiers of fan, somehow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If he gave information to a room full of people he didn't know, and said "listen, this is just between me and you..." - then if he seriously believed thats exactly how it would stay, then Barber would be a bit of a berk wouldn't he. He's clearly not.

It seems to be that some members of SDU got a bit excited about receiving some (not overly earth-shattering) "exclusive" club info from the horses mouth, then got a bit precious when everyone else found out soon after. Are SDU entitled to receive 'privileged' information the rest of us must not ever be party do ?

Behave.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why would he say "this is between us" when talking to regular BHA fans? That would be a ridiculous thing to do.

I my not agree with PB on everything but I don't think he would be into the idea of creating different tiers of fan, somehow.

If he gave information to a room full of people he didn't know, and said "listen, this is just between me and you..." - then if he seriously believed thats exactly how it would stay, then Barber would be a bit of a berk wouldn't he. He's clearly not.

It seems to be that some members of SDU got a bit excited about receiving some (not overly earth-shattering) "exclusive" club info from the horses mouth, then got a bit precious when everyone else found out soon after. Are SDU entitled to receive 'privileged' information the rest of us must not ever be party do ?

Behave.

I agree totally with you both. I very much doubt any of this was said in strictest confidence but I wasn't there so can't comment. However someone that was has got the hump that it has been shared on social media. All I'm saying is IF that was the case then I can understand why s/he is pissed off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just find the whole thing bizarre as Australians are normally so discreet :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. There's nothing here that Barber has not effectively said before either in public or in similar meetings or you would know from "sources close to the club" type reporting by local journalists or from experience at how transfers are reported at the Albion. The US tour would have happened before now if it wasn't for Covid i think. No surprise that the future of Enciso and his first season is still up for discussion.

I think the issue is more about courtesy. The chair of the group has said he's "angry " it was shared on Twitter like this and leaked by one of their group.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I just find the whole thing bizarre as Australians are normally so discreet :shrug:

Perhaps he deliberately threw out a few tasty, incorrect titbits to the informal "fans forum" knowing what incorrigible GOSSIPS the Aussies are, to create the perfect smoke-screen for... I dunno... something else.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Agreed.

Two things:

1/ The Paraguyian going out on loan is a surprise

2/ I've purchased tickets to New York

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

this. if he was happy to share it with them then there's no good reason it couldn't be shared with everyone else

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here